Board logo

Where to buy BEC Air Filter
bassett - 21/6/14 at 08:54 PM

Hi Guys, After a mapping session at PDQ the guys there recommended we upgrade the air filter from a 40mm tall one to 90mm tall one as it was restricting air flow to the tune of 6whp when compared to the TTS item that was borrowed for mapping.. What is the generic name for this sort of filter and where can i get one from fairly cheap?

Here is the current filter we have

Thanks
Adam

big-vee-twin - 21/6/14 at 09:13 PM

Sausage filter, off eBay.

Nick_TitanMsport - 21/6/14 at 10:02 PM

I can get you an ITG filter and back plate. Our experience is ITG are by far the best.

Give me a shout if you need one

bassett - 21/6/14 at 10:37 PM

Hi Nick, i am pretty sure i have a Piper PX600 base plate, any chance you do an ITG filter 90mm tall external diameter to fit if so how much?

Davey D - 22/6/14 at 05:50 AM

Have you checked that a 90mm filter will fit under your bonnet?

bassett - 22/6/14 at 10:44 AM

Will fit but is likely that the front on the engine side edge may just rub a tad on the bonnet. The dyno runs showed even with the bonnet on the larger filter was still preferable from the air it draws around the sides.. If it rubs excessivelyit will be a good excuse for a bonnet scoop

bassett - 23/6/14 at 09:42 PM

Cheapest seemed to be ebay but gbs kit cars, burton power, rally design all seemed to offer fairly cheaply. Annoying thing is checking the sizes, pipercross site is terrible but burton or RD have more size details. If anyone else goes looking google pipercross px500 or px600.