Board logo

Donor Parts Reconditioning
Ron Lang - 25/8/17 at 01:44 PM

Can anyone recommend or point me in the direction of a company that reconditions donor parts. Looking for strip, sandblast, paint and rebuild of the following items (all Ford):

-F&R Calipers
-Differential
-Front Uprights
-Rear hub carriers
-Steering column and link bar
-Drive shafts - these were new but now have some surface rust having sat in a damp garage
-Prop Shaft - Ditto

Any guide prices would be appreciated too.

Alternative is whether there are any places selling reconditioned donor packs - I know you used to be able to get these for MX5 builds.

[Edited on 25/8/17 by Ron Lang]

Charlie_Zetec - 25/8/17 at 02:47 PM

For the brakes, I can highly recommend Bigg Red - they've done a number of sets for me (and others) over the years, and great service. I've just checked and their website appears to be down, but try to contact details via Google.

Diff, I'm planning on going to Road & Race Transmissions in Kent for this (but I'm local-ish in Essex, so not too far).

For the remainder of the stuff, I'd consider a wire brush/wheel and some Hammerite/Buzzweld/paint to spruce them up, then replace the bearings in the uprights ready to fit to the car.

shindha - 25/8/17 at 07:30 PM

For the differential I can recommend Central Axle Services Ltd in Birmingham - who also does work for a well known kit car manufacturers.

shindha - 25/8/17 at 07:30 PM

For the differential I can recommend Central Axle Services Ltd in Birmingham - who also does work for a well known kit car manufacturers.

ReMan - 25/8/17 at 07:34 PM

most of those just normally get a clean and paint
They'd need to be seriously tatered to actually need a recon
callipers are still a standard motor factor exchange i believe

Ron Lang - 26/8/17 at 07:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
most of those just normally get a clean and paint
They'd need to be seriously tatered to actually need a recon
callipers are still a standard motor factor exchange i believe

Sandblast and paint would be fine on that basis then. Just thought it might be a good idea to have them checked over. Pistons in the calipers look f'@£&ed so might go for some new ones. Didn't realise you could get the from the factors.

Ron Lang - 26/8/17 at 07:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by shindha

Contacted. Thanks