[Edited on 14/11/08 by Fred W B]

bassett - 14/11/08 at 04:16 PM

Its painted red - It must be a Ferrari!
Damn thats ropey

[Edited on 14/11/08 by bassett]

kj - 14/11/08 at 04:22 PM

????? What was it?????

phoenix70 - 14/11/08 at 04:25 PM

Do you think the guy that built it had ever seen a Ferrari Enzo?

Or possibly he was blind

philw - 14/11/08 at 04:31 PM

Are you sure it's not an FSO

mookaloid - 14/11/08 at 04:40 PM

Gawd that's terrible

Note feedback form winning bidder

"Seller comitted fraud (lied re: item). Ebay safety team is now investigating."

mikeb - 14/11/08 at 04:41 PM

I love it, fair play to the guy for making such a stunner! The interior as he states is just like an enzo.

Dont understand why no one has given him the money he want,if only I lived in the US I could be driving home in that pulling machine.

Howlor - 14/11/08 at 04:42 PM

It must take some effort to get it that bad.

Liam - 14/11/08 at 04:44 PM

Good God!!

A bonnet bulge... for a brake fluid reservoir

The fit of that rear panel

That pretend engine

That is the worst thing I've ever seen! So so so much worse than a TR40! I bet he gets attention everywhere he goes - people falling over laughing at what a prick he looks. Oh dear oh dear. Wonder what his 'Lambo' looks like.

BenB - 14/11/08 at 04:45 PM

Oooh that is tacky!!!!

mikeb - 14/11/08 at 04:59 PM

whats more scary is that unless he did all the fibreglass himself someone must sell it as a kit!!!

smart51 - 14/11/08 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kj
????? What was it?????

1986 Pontiac Fiero SE

eznfrank - 14/11/08 at 05:01 PM

If you squint a bit and keep walking backwards..............you'll probably fall over.

What a piece of crap.

Alan B - 14/11/08 at 05:02 PM

Words fail me......a lot of effort has gone into it, but who older than about 4 could say it was anything close to an Enzo....

It's as if he's never seen one and someone has described what it looks like over the phone...on a bad line

Saying all that I don't think the real Enzo is particularly pretty either.......

Coming up with original styling is hard....copying should be relatively easy you'd think.....

Oh well...

Humbug - 14/11/08 at 05:10 PM

Q: "How bad can it be?"

A: "Very"

I am particularly taken with the Enzo-like details, e.g.:

- external hinges on the front boot lid and rear engine cover

- Pontiac logo on the steering wheel

- 70s Lambo Countach replica doors (ill-fitting)

[Edited on 14.11.2008 by Humbug]

Liam - 14/11/08 at 05:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Alan B
Words fail me......a lot of effort has gone into it, but who older than about 4 could say it was anything close to an Enzo....

It's as if he's never seen one and someone has described what it looks like over the phone...on a bad line

Saying all that I don't think the real Enzo is particularly pretty either.......

Coming up with original styling is hard....copying should be relatively easy you'd think.....

Oh well...

That's what really gets me. So much effort by somebody who's obviosly competent... in certain areas. So just how can something that looks like that be the result??

Uuugghhh it's horrible. Interior reminds me of an 80s sit-in arcade cabinet. In a particularly grimey aracde.

Guinness - 14/11/08 at 05:21 PM

From the Pistonheads thread:-

or

Mike

Ivan - 14/11/08 at 05:56 PM

What I can't believe is the fact that someone bid on it and then complained that the car was a fraud when they won.

minitici - 14/11/08 at 07:07 PM

My shed looks better than that

Alan B - 14/11/08 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by minitici
My shed looks better than that

Well for starters...it probably bears at least a passing resemblance to a shed...

speedyxjs - 14/11/08 at 07:24 PM

What are you all talking about?
It looks just like an Enzo...when one is drunk

fazerruss - 14/11/08 at 08:03 PM

it looks like something Leepu has designed!

zenarcher - 14/11/08 at 08:55 PM

Those rear lights................I want them.

oldtimer - 14/11/08 at 08:57 PM

I think you are being very mean. Those cup holders are pure Ferrari. The engine cover is so horrible it's brilliant.

balidey - 14/11/08 at 09:55 PM

Kill it
Kill it HARD

dubstar_04 - 15/11/08 at 09:01 AM

If it wasn't for the wheels it would be perfect!!

gottabedone - 15/11/08 at 09:59 AM

I like the option at the top of the screen to order an independant inspection - worth the money just for a laugh

The front may look line an Enzo from 100yds with beer goggles but the rear looks like a sad washing machine with a shelf over it
That dash is so Enzo - I like the way that he has disguised all of the CF to look like - well plastic!

MakeEverything - 15/11/08 at 10:50 AM

The mans a genius. Hes managed to build a Supercar for Mr Bean.
I love the fact that the advert seems so sincere. Why would you have lexan windows that are removeable? Id keep the smoked ones in, in the hope that it disguised my identity!!!

Ive just wet myself laughing.

sgraber - 15/11/08 at 02:54 PM

That is surely one of the signs of the apocalypse.

kb58 - 15/11/08 at 04:44 PM

This is like a "me too" lynching. I think we should cut the guy some slack; at least he built something, instead of wasting time watching TV.

I think we all need to get off our high horse and realize there are lots of people out there who think our cars are ugly. My Kimini, Steve's La Bala, the Locost shape, I've read negative comments on all our cars, so maybe we should just let the poor guy be.

[Edited on 11/15/08 by kb58]

Dick Bear - 18/11/08 at 03:41 AM

I don't particularly like the design but then I've never liked the looks of the original he used as his point of departure. However, it would seem to me that on a site dedicated to creating vehicles, and all that is involved in doing so, a less judgmental attitude would prevail. I doubt whether there has been a car made that we couldn't find fault with some aspect of its being.

And, I doubt whether there has been a unit made that we couldn't find some aspect done better than we are capable of doing if only that be the fact that it was completed or that the design wasn't limited by our inability to create compound curves from a 2-dimensional piece of plastic or metal.

I agree with Kurt (kb58) and suggest a little restraint and a lot less smugness be our guide when we're tempted to take part in a destructive frenzy like the one I just read. We all come to this activity with different abilities, backgrounds and areas of expertise. The sharing of each of those will do much more to raise the bar than attacking someone else's attempts regardless of how feeble we may feel them to be.

Dick Bear

Fred W B - 18/11/08 at 11:27 AM

Okay, let me try for a considered response. At least we got Kurt and Dick to agree on something.

I made the post originally for the comedy value, as the vendor described the car as a “ferrari enzo replica” .

To me a replica is a car that looks quite a bit like the original, while this patently does not. If he had not claimed that the car is a Ferrari replica I would have surfed on by. Sure pointing and sniggering at him is not PC, but we have to draw the line somewhere.

He is being defended as having built something, but that car was not built in the context we use on LCB. It is cladding panels and other bits and pieces attached to a 1986 Pontiac Fiero. I would contend that it is much closer to the chav/barry/wide boy specials we see on other web sites and on the streets, than to a scratch built car

This is my opinion; hopefully we can agree to differ.

Cheers

Fred W B

Alan B - 18/11/08 at 12:47 PM

Normally I'd tend to agree more with Dick and Kurt on these kind of things. Like most of us here I really do know how much work and effort is involved in our hobby and hate to see such merciless attacks.

However, this time I'm with Fred...when you say somthing is a replica you expect to be judged on it's accuracy. This example is possibly the most inaccurate replica I have ever seen....and I've seen some really bad ones.

I could cut him some slack on a few things, but the fake plastic engine (for example) is totally unforgiveable.

[Edited on 18/11/08 by Alan B]

Dick Bear - 18/11/08 at 01:22 PM

quote:
A least we got Kurt and Dick to agree on something.Originally posted by Alan B

I was going to comment on that as well but decided not to go there. That's a great line! Perhaps we've both mellowed some.

Not that my acceptance is important but the explanation given by each of you is valid. It just seemed to be going beyond that. I'm okay with some good hearted jabbing and if that is what was meant .... I understand.

Too many good guys and great work is being done here to spoil the party at the expense of someone's personal feelings

Dick Bear

PS. sorry Fred about my quote line. I can't ever get quotes to post right but enjoyed the comment.

sgraber - 18/11/08 at 02:14 PM

My car is not a replica Kurt. So if it is ugly, it's ugly on it's own merits, not because it is being compared to something that it 'should' look like.... That is a completely different kind of ugly.

kb58 - 18/11/08 at 02:23 PM

Good points, since it's claimed as a replica it's fair enough for the gloves to come off, as long as that's what's being picked on.

You guys are missing out. Go to a kit car show sometime to see the full impact of how important looks are. At the U.S. shows at least, it's ALL about looks. The fake engine covers are nothing; fake disc brakes, fake engine sound effects, it's like being at an inpersonators convention.

[Edited on 11/18/08 by kb58]

kb58 - 18/11/08 at 02:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fred W B
At least we got Kurt and Dick to agree on something.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it could happen.

kb58 - 18/11/08 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sgraber
My car is not a replica Kurt. So if it is ugly, it's ugly on it's own merits, not because it is being compared to something that it 'should' look like.... That is a completely different kind of ugly.

OTOH I suppose Kimini does fall into the replica catagory since I say it's a Mini. There've been negative comments I've overheard, always about the shape of the shell. Anyhow, water under the bridge, it's been sold and I'm on to my next ugly car project!