Board logo

Viento total height needed
Irony - 14/10/10 at 02:56 PM

I am currently whacking some insulation in the garage and I must say the on offer stuff from wickes is excellent. But my roller shutter door just literally lets the heat out. Also there is a three inch gap at the top. I thought of building two 10ft x 4ft panels filled with insulation and painted that can be screwed over the doors on the outside. I would put the panels landscape on top of one another and then the bottom panel could lift up on hinges and be held back by a chain etc. Then the car could be driven out underneath leaving the top panel in place. During the more pleasant months both panels would be removed and put in the shed.

Whats the max height of a set up Viento???

Canada EH! - 14/10/10 at 03:36 PM

Why not glue foam insulation panels to the inside of the door and close off the gap at the top of the door.
I did this on my old garage door and it worked well 50mm thick styrofoam panels, fit them to the segments of the door so it rolls up and down without interference, hardly adds any weight at all.

tomgregory2000 - 14/10/10 at 03:41 PM

if i remember to have a measure when i get home i can measure for you.

Tommy

Paul (Notts) - 14/10/10 at 05:22 PM

115cm from floor to top of roll bar

interested in what other people have...

Paul

kenton - 14/10/10 at 05:44 PM

Just under 113 cm.
kenton

IanBrace - 14/10/10 at 06:59 PM

Don't forget to allow for a roof rack Kev...

tomgregory2000 - 14/10/10 at 07:34 PM

mine is about 120cm due to my big phat tyres

Irony - 15/10/10 at 07:50 AM

Thanks guys thats exactly what I needed to hear. This means I can use 4ft high panels and niftily drive the car out underneath.