Board logo

IVA Amateur Built Declaration question
Dickyboy - 27/1/11 at 01:48 PM

I am starting form filling for the IVA, on the Amateur Built Declaration there are tick boxes 2 and 4 (of interest to me!)
Anyone know the ramifications of declaring the car as 4 (Partially built by another individual and purchased by me and completed)
as opposed to 2 (built by me). What information is going to be required from the previous builder etc etc

Flamez - 27/1/11 at 02:32 PM

I guess you wil need pictures showing his build and receipts ?

couch22k - 27/1/11 at 04:21 PM

I got pictures and a letter from the previous owner for mine.

Steve

Paul W - 27/1/11 at 04:43 PM

I had photos and receipts from 1st builder,
enclosed 4 photos from him & 4 photos from me with the IVA application as well as receipt copies.
no probs

cheers Paul

Lundy - 30/1/11 at 08:50 PM

I had the same,
VOSA wanted to see proof of what parts the previous owner had purchased and a written letter declaring what stage he got the build to.
Failed to see the point of all this because if anything had been assembled incorrectly then the IVA test should highlight this.

iank - 30/1/11 at 10:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lundy
I had the same,
VOSA wanted to see proof of what parts the previous owner had purchased and a written letter declaring what stage he got the build to.
Failed to see the point of all this because if anything had been assembled incorrectly then the IVA test should highlight this.

It's to avoid professional builders doing 99% of the work, leaving their customers to tighten up the wheel nuts and then take it to IVA.

[Edited on 30/1/11 by iank]