Board logo

IVA tomorrow (2nd attempt)
locostbuyer83 - 5/6/11 at 07:19 PM

My IVA is tomorrow.

Not looking forward to it. Don't expect to pass and will probably just be £450 worse off.

Got the van full of tools and spares so should be able to sort any small issues.

Last time it failed on emissions then overheated and broke a pipe so got a couple of fans this time.

I'll let you know. Going to Southampton this time as Mitcham was no good.

AndyRead - 5/6/11 at 07:23 PM

All the best for tomorrow!

Johneturbo - 5/6/11 at 07:29 PM

May the schwartz be with you

Tris - 5/6/11 at 07:40 PM

Got my first in Nottingham on Wednesday, so good luck to you !...

On the emissions topic, ive got a zx12 engine like you. With a 200cell cat, the original bike cat (which sits within the stock bike can) and a seriously tweaked power commander (IVA specific map), i was able to get well under the required limits. I did need to take it to a tuning company (daytuner) who did all the custom mappings to get this anywhere near the limits though, to such a point that the engine idles horribly using this IVA map and i will change it straight back to the power map after the test.

locostbuyer83 - 5/6/11 at 08:31 PM

Gone and done a MOT emissions test and using the power commander got the emissions right down. Like you say it idles crap but all it has to do is pass a crap test then you can do what you like. The IVA is a joke. Once you're on the road you can change whatever you want.

Fed up with the IVA now. If it fails tomorrow it's gonna be a track day car.

stevegough - 5/6/11 at 08:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by locostbuyer83
Gone and done a MOT emissions test and using the power commander got the emissions right down. Like you say it idles crap but all it has to do is pass a crap test then you can do what you like. The IVA is a joke. Once you're on the road you can change whatever you want.

Don't get down - I know you had a shocking first test with the worst - ever - heard - of result, but it will all be worth it when you finally get sorted. All us LCB guys are rooting for you to get a fairer deal and a pass tomorrow - you were just damned unlucky - at the very least you will come away with a quick-fix list and you'll be on the road before the month is out. And you never know - it might just sail through tomorrow - I hope that it does - you deserve it!!

Give 'em hell and the Best of luck, Steve.

Also, Tris - good luck on wednesday in nottingham - ISTR Martin is the guy there and by all accounts he's one of the best.

[Edited on 5/6/11 by stevegough]

locostbuyer83 - 5/6/11 at 08:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stevegough
quote:

Don't get down - I know you had a shocking first test with the worst - ever - heard - of result, but it will all be worth it when you finally get sorted. All us LCB guys are rooting for you to get a fairer deal and a pass tomorrow - you were just damned unlucky - at the very least you will come away with a quick-fix list and you'll be on the road before the month is out. And you never know - it might just sail through tomorrow - I hope that it does - you deserve it!!

Give 'em hell and the Best of luck, Steve.

Thanks Steve

franky - 5/6/11 at 09:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tris
Got my first in Nottingham on Wednesday, so good luck to you !...

On the emissions topic, ive got a zx12 engine like you. With a 200cell cat, the original bike cat (which sits within the stock bike can) and a seriously tweaked power commander (IVA specific map), i was able to get well under the required limits. I did need to take it to a tuning company (daytuner) who did all the custom mappings to get this anywhere near the limits though, to such a point that the engine idles horribly using this IVA map and i will change it straight back to the power map after the test.

Good luck, i'm there on Thursday. Just hoping my engine lasts this time!!

franky - 5/6/11 at 10:08 PM

quote:
My IVA is tomorrow.

Not looking forward to it. Don't expect to pass and will probably just be £450 worse off.

Got the van full of tools and spares so should be able to sort any small issues.

Last time it failed on emissions then overheated and broke a pipe so got a couple of fans this time.

I'll let you know. Going to Southampton this time as Mitcham was no good.

forgot to put, good luck.

eddie99 - 5/6/11 at 11:17 PM

Good luck, i hope to be putting up the IVA tomorrow post soon

Simon - 5/6/11 at 11:28 PM

Hope all goes well, but can't understand why you've not gone to Gillingham.

ATB

Simon

hucky - 6/6/11 at 09:59 AM

quote:
My IVA is tomorrow.

i thought that re-tests were £90? or is their a time limit between???

and good luck, hope you get a pass

UncleFista - 6/6/11 at 10:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hucky
quote:
My IVA is tomorrow.

Due to "problems" it wasn't possible to finish the test, therefore the whole fee is due for the next one, not just a retest fee

[Edited on 6/6/11 by UncleFista]

HowardB - 6/6/11 at 10:32 AM

good luck

stevegough - 6/6/11 at 10:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hucky
quote:
My IVA is tomorrow.

Yes, Hucky - you are right, an IVA retest is £90 but this guy had a bit of a problem - see his report from his first test here and all will become clear.

blakep82 - 6/6/11 at 03:35 PM

well, what happened?!

stevegough - 6/6/11 at 03:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
well, what happened?!

After last time I dread to ask - I'm sure he'll tell us when he's ready!

locostbuyer83 - 6/6/11 at 05:19 PM

Hey Guys,

Long Day! Was up at 4:30am

Anyway it passed.

The guy was really good at Southampton. Went over the whole car very carefully and then gave us plenty of time to fix any issues.

The emissions were out even though they were fine for the MOT pre test I did a couple of weeks ago. A few tweaks on the power commander fixed that

the speedo was slighly out but again tweaking the speedohealer sorted that

the noise was at 103db but pointing the tailpipe down and some extra wadding in the box got it down to 99db

a couple of little things but all in all a good result.

I now have a £900 piece of thin paper with some writing on it

also ordered my insurance so next stop is the DVLA in brighton.

stevegough - 6/6/11 at 05:27 PM

Brilliant news, very well done! Now you can enjoy the weather - good luck with the DVLA.

By the way - photos are compulsory when you pass IVA.........!!!

[Edited on 6/6/11 by stevegough]

blakep82 - 6/6/11 at 05:34 PM

awesome well done !

cost more than it should have unfortunately, but at least you don't still need a retest!

[Edited on 6/6/11 by blakep82]

locostbuyer83 - 6/6/11 at 05:49 PM

quote:

By the way - photos are compulsory when you pass IVA.........!!!

[Edited on 6/6/11 by stevegough]

got one here...

HowardB - 6/6/11 at 05:54 PM

congratulations

fluidslvr - 6/6/11 at 05:59 PM

well done

congratulations.

RichardK - 6/6/11 at 08:01 PM

Good lad, well done, have a beer and chill, just in time for summer.

Take care

Rich

Tris - 6/6/11 at 08:12 PM

Congrats mate, its just the terrible wait now to jump through the final few hurdles before the open road beckons !! Fingers crossed now for mine on wednesday

Promai Joe - 6/6/11 at 08:16 PM

Well done, hope you have as much fun as I have been having since May.

Again I love the colour

[Edited on 6/6/11 by Promai Joe]

bowood14 - 6/6/11 at 08:28 PM

Well done I know what a mission it has been for you Bring it around when you get it on the road you know where I am

locostbuyer83 - 6/6/11 at 08:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bowood14
Well done I know what a mission it has been for you Bring it around when you get it on the road you know where I am

Will do

Know anyone local that can set up my power commander?

wicket - 6/6/11 at 08:44 PM

Well done!

I used Brighton DVLA back in 2006 and they were brilliant. They did home visits then to check VIN numbers etc (maybe different now of course). Delivered SVA paperwork on a Wednesday and received registration details on Saturday morning, on the road in the afternoon. Dan was the office contact then.

You may find this fax number useful if you need to contact them direct 01273 686074 (if it's still valid that is!!!!), not used it since 2006. I used it several times, it was the only direct contact with them but they do phone back.

Good luck

[Edited on 6/6/11 by wicket]

locostbuyer83 - 6/6/11 at 08:53 PM

I spoke to the manager at Brighton and he told he to come down when I've got my IVA certificate and he would sort out the paperwork. He was really helpful so fingers crossed he's there when I next visit.

stevegough - 6/6/11 at 08:56 PM

quote:
I spoke to the manager at Brighton and he told he to come down when I've got my IVA certificate and he would sort out the paperwork. He was really helpful so fingers crossed he's there when I next visit.

Sorry, you must have been to the wrong place. They don't do 'helpful'.....

Irony - 6/6/11 at 09:05 PM

Well done mate!!!!

wicket - 6/6/11 at 09:19 PM

They certainly do 'helpful' in Brighton!!!

Davegtst - 6/6/11 at 10:16 PM

Excellent, well done. How did you get on with the external projection test around the headlight mounts?

lewis - 7/6/11 at 06:32 AM

Nice one mate, get yourself over to skcc for some local runs ect!

franky - 7/6/11 at 06:44 AM

great result

MikeCapon - 7/6/11 at 07:15 AM

Well done.

I (and I reckon a lot of other people on here) was gutted for you when your first test went so horribly wrong so I was crossing my fingers that it passed.

Good news. Enjoy the summer knowing that your share of bad luck for 2011 has been and gone.

Cheers,

Mike

locostbuyer83 - 7/6/11 at 07:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
Excellent, well done. How did you get on with the external projection test around the headlight mounts?

Different tester: different opinion but I ground them down to a 2.5mm radius where they could be touched by the sphere.

CRAIGR - 7/6/11 at 02:53 PM

Well done Stu
Give you £50 for your ramp now you no longer need it. lol

[Edited on 7/6/11 by CRAIGR]

ashg - 7/6/11 at 03:00 PM

well done how did you get away with the rear arches? the wheels stick out.

as already mentioned get yourself out on some of the skcc runs we are a lovely bunch

http://southernkitcars.com/

have a look on the forum for runs out. we do breakfast runs most weekends, most shows , crazy week long 1000mile road trips, drives through the Alps, day trips to France.

btw its not like a normal car club. to become a member there are no joining fees or forms to fill out, just turn up and that's it.

eddie99 - 7/6/11 at 03:17 PM

Well done, looks good, more pics please

stevegough - 7/6/11 at 04:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR
Well done Stu
Give you £50 for your ramp now you no longer need it. lol

[Edited on 7/6/11 by CRAIGR]

Hey, if he's selling one that's no longer required.....

.....oops, sorry....just realised....the man said ramp, not vamp!!