Board logo

IVA Pass
johnwilders - 14/6/12 at 06:40 PM

Wahoooo, yes, I am God, Passed the IVA today with not a single fix & I’ve come over all smug. I would like to take the opportunity to thank my wife & son & daughter & my agent “BLUB SOB“& not forgetting my wife for all there help & support ”WEEP”, And it only took 14 years.
Seriously folks I do want to thank all the collective on this site whose source of information over the years has been invaluable, if sometimes only for its entertainment value. Ta !

Mr C - 14/6/12 at 06:51 PM

Congratulations, it must be the best feeling, hoping it'll happen to me one day.

russbost - 14/6/12 at 07:04 PM

Congratulations But please tell me it didn't really take 14 years!!!

Davegtst - 14/6/12 at 07:06 PM

Congratulations. Ill be getting mine tested at leighton buzzard in the next few months, is there anything to be aware of?

leeswesty - 14/6/12 at 07:07 PM

Well done mate hope mine will pass first time when i get round to finishing it

big_wasa - 14/6/12 at 07:12 PM

Congrats'

quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Congratulations But please tell me it didn't really take 14 years!!!

Mines over 8 years now, I just cant bring my self to pay the iva fee.

[Edited on 14/6/12 by big_wasa]

DavidM - 14/6/12 at 07:29 PM

Brilliant, well done. It's great to see another Locost ready for the road.

David

I predict a Riot - 14/6/12 at 08:02 PM

Well done.

I hope you get some nice weather in which to enjoy it.

Posted my IVA forms today.

stevegough - 14/6/12 at 08:04 PM

First time pass, no fixes / advisories / etc ? Don't you think £450 is enough without bribing the examiner, too? Or was he your brother / father / mother / sister / other relation? No? Don't believe it!!! No, no, no, no.

Sorry! no. no. no.

rusty nuts - 14/6/12 at 08:28 PM

Nice one, another local builder

Where abouts in Cambridge are you?

[Edited on 14/6/12 by rusty nuts]

Daddylonglegs - 14/6/12 at 09:01 PM

Well done that man!

I just hope I'm as lucky, if I ever get the damn date! I'm still waiting for VOSA to send it to the test centre, and they took my money on 18th May!!

johnwilders - 14/6/12 at 09:05 PM

Yup 14 years, did have a several year stagnant spell in the middle tho.
As for Leighton Buzzard, Fantastic. My tester D Sharp (sorry cant remember his first name) was friendly, helpful & knowledgeable who carried out the test n an efficient & common sense manor, For example I didn’t see the dome of doom because it was obvious there were no sharp edges for it to touch, I didn’t see the floor level cone because there was no problems there. I was introduced to Nigel the seating position template, I knew my upper seat belt mountings were a bit borderline but as it happens I had nearly 10mm spare & the mudguard template , no probs there. He complimented on neat & tidy build & how t drove witch was nice, it was also nice to see him drive it, I had never seen it move from the sideline before. All in an enjoyable rewarding day but I wonder if I would still feel the same with a fail.

handyandy - 14/6/12 at 09:18 PM

Congratulations , first time pass too

tcr - 14/6/12 at 09:20 PM

WELL DONE

Andybarbet - 14/6/12 at 09:56 PM

Top Job

Hopefully leighton buzzard will still be there in 14 years when mine is finally finished