Board logo

Paid vosa today
mr T - 26/3/13 at 09:07 PM

Omg paid vosa today for iva my arse is twitching already

How long from payment to test date going to Beverly
Tony

Daddylonglegs - 26/3/13 at 09:45 PM

Mine was around 1 week after payment when they rang and offered me a date IIRC. Think it was about 4 weeks after that I got my test.

That was for Bristol.

daniel mason - 26/3/13 at 09:59 PM

testers at beverly are very helpful. although i failed mine, i really enjoyed the day.
travelled up the day before,stayed in premiere inn,in hull. steak for tea! and really enjoyed the test

mark w - 27/3/13 at 11:58 PM

I paid Vosa for mine on the 26th as well mate, I'm hoping to get tested @ Norwich, so we'll have to see who gets a date first!

mr T - 28/3/13 at 03:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mark w
I paid Vosa for mine on the 26th as well mate, I'm hoping to get tested @ Norwich, so we'll have to see who gets a date first!

Nice one mark are you taking yours yourself got mine going to mnr for them to iva and to Daytuner for set up hope it all goes good for you
Fingers crossed it will be ready for stoneleigh and some better weather
Tony

40inches - 28/3/13 at 03:30 PM

Paid mine today Easter may slow things down though

mark w - 28/3/13 at 11:54 PM

I'm going up to mnr with mine later next month for them to prep it for iva & also get Daytuner to set up my power commander for emissions while I'm up there, Going to to then bring it back home & take it to iva myself locally. Look forward to the good weather & getting to some of the shows in the car this year

40inches - 8/4/13 at 10:17 AM

Anyone got a test date yet? I'm still waiting.
Think Stoneleigh not happening

mr T - 8/4/13 at 10:23 AM

No still waiting

mark w - 8/4/13 at 10:42 AM

Same here!

40inches - 8/4/13 at 12:47 PM

Just phoned VOSA and spoke to Nigel (nice chap).
They are processing applications received on the 25th March, today and tomorrow, that will be mine then!
If the supporting evidence is satisfactory, details will be sent to the testing station by the end of the week.
He checked Nottingham's work load, they have nothing before 1st May
He gave me the direct line phone number for the person handling my application, I am to phone her tomorrow.
The intimation was that Kit Cars are a special case i.e They don't go to the top of the queue !!!!

mr T - 9/4/13 at 07:15 PM

Rang vosa today my application is still in Swansea , he rang Beverly to ask about there work load and told me if they had my application today they would be looking at the 19th of April for test date

cps13 - 10/4/13 at 12:53 PM

Has the cost of the IVA changed seeing as its a new financial year?

mark w - 10/4/13 at 01:29 PM

Not sure as I paid in the last financial year

40inches - 15/4/13 at 09:05 AM

Received the photo CD back this morning (unopened!) with a note saying the details had been passed to Nottingham.
Only took three weeks

mark w - 15/4/13 at 09:36 AM

Same here, now just waiting for the phone to ring!

mark w - 15/4/13 at 10:49 PM

Phone rang today & I'm booked in at Norwich on the 9th of May

Rogthebandit - 16/4/13 at 01:34 AM

Hi

I am posting my iva paper work today. Did you include the payment or pay over the phone? Not sure wether to include a cheque? Think i have everything in the pack that it asks for, included 35 pics over the last 2 and half years.

mark w - 16/4/13 at 05:39 AM

I paid over the phone by card, I included 30 photos of the build with my application. Have you included an amateur build declaration?

[Edited on 16/4/13 by mark w]

Rogthebandit - 16/4/13 at 05:51 AM

Hi, Ya got the amatuer form in there aswell. I think i wil pay over the phone to. I will phone them when they get my pack.

I haven t finished my build just yet but nearly there. I recon i will have all the bits done before the test comes back. The car looks tidy. Most of its in primer so i will be stripping it when i get it through the test. Just hope theres no issues taking it to the test like this? As long as it meets the regs i supose thats all they want? I will try upload some pics to show you.

mr T - 16/4/13 at 06:04 AM

quote:

Nice one mark good luck stage one complete
Tony

Barkalarr - 16/4/13 at 09:05 AM

I'm booked for 24th April....

40inches - 24/4/13 at 12:45 PM

Nottingham 7th May "gulp"

[Edited on 24-4-13 by 40inches]

mr T - 24/4/13 at 12:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
Nottingham 7th April "gulp"

You sure ???

40inches - 24/4/13 at 02:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mr T
quote:

You sure ???

Don't know what you mean????? "cough"

mr T - 24/4/13 at 07:34 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

You sure ???

Don't know what you mean????? "cough"

Good look mate

got my application at Beverly now but Chris at mnr is to busy to put it through until after the 6th may, got to ring him that week to see when they can do it

mr T - 8/5/13 at 05:40 PM

Good look for 2moz mark early night tonight

well done 40inches sounds like you had a good day

looks like im going to be lucky last haha

40inches - 8/5/13 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Good look for 2moz mark early night tonight

well done 40inches sounds like you had a good day

looks like im going to be lucky last haha

Thanks. Have you managed a date yet?

40inches - 8/5/13 at 07:52 PM

quote:

Good luck, don't forget to take the contents of your garage

mr T - 8/5/13 at 08:08 PM

Thanks. Have you managed a date yet?

Rang Chris today got to ring him to remind on the 23rd may he said he's looking to do it first week in June
You could say I'm well pi$$ed off just want to get it on the road
Tony

[Edited on 8/5/13 by mr T]

Rogthebandit - 9/5/13 at 08:51 PM

Quick question chaps, I paid for my test about 3 weeks ago. Not heard anything just yet but am still finishing little bits off. Just wondering if I need to get the chassis number registered back with the dvla before the test day is confirmed. Do you know if this is the case?
Cheers
Rog

40inches - 10/5/13 at 07:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rogthebandit
Quick question chaps, I paid for my test about 3 weeks ago. Not heard anything just yet but am still finishing little bits off. Just wondering if I need to get the chassis number registered back with the dvla before the test day is confirmed. Do you know if this is the case?
Cheers
Rog

You will have to bug them Try phoning 01792454354, this is the IVA section at Swansea or the 0300 number.
I found them very helpful, even though I feel that we shouldn't have to phone them at all.
The first call got the papers processed, the second an appointment.
You don't need to do anything with DVLA before the test, although I would phone DVLA and get them to send you a V55/5 and a V627/1, fill them in before you go to DVLA, it would have saved me an hour yesterday

Rogthebandit - 11/5/13 at 11:39 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rogthebandit
Cheers
Rog

You will have to bug them Try phoning 01792454354, this is the IVA section at Swansea or the 0300 number.
I found them very helpful, even though I feel that we shouldn't have to phone them at all.
The first call got the papers processed, the second an appointment.
You don't need to do anything with DVLA before the test, although I would phone DVLA and get them to send you a V55/5 and a V627/1, fill them in before you go to DVLA, it would have saved me an hour yesterday

---------------

Thanks for the info 40inches. Very helpful. I will start to push them to get it sorted. Im nearly there with the car just covering up edges ect. Cant wait to get it on the road/ track. Congrats getting yours through the test, its a big milestone.

Cheers
rog