Board logo

Anyone put a Cat C back on the road recently?
BigFaceDave - 19/12/16 at 11:31 PM

I've been searching the internet all evening and I can't find a definite answer!

I've just picked up a new tin top that's a cat c, I know the VIC test has now be abolished but I'm sure I heard somewhere that the car will need to be re mot'd before going back on the road but a few websites are saying the original mot is still valid and I don't need to put a new one on it to put it back in the road. I've checked the dvla website and it's still showing up as mot'd but I can't find any confirmation anywhere if this is the case or not! Any one gone through this process recently?

Toprivetguns - 20/12/16 at 06:12 AM

I believe you just Re-mot as this clarifies the VIN etc.

[Edited on 20/12/16 by Toprivetguns]

ch1ef - 20/12/16 at 09:31 AM

When I looked into it, you must re-MOT the car after a CAT C marker. I expect you can get away without doing another MOT, just like you can let an MOT lapse and drive for ages with no problem (unless you get caught)! I had 2 old cars which I bought, both a CAT C with current MOT and the past owners never had a VIC check on them but no one seemed bothered and apparently cared when I tried to resolve it. But I would MOT it for the sake of £30!