Board logo

Bushes where did you get yours from?
benjamman - 28/4/09 at 04:16 PM

i priced up polyurethane bushes at deamon tweeks an was a little surprised at how much they cost , £15 ish each , i really dont know anything about bushes an i think/hope i was looking at the wrong ones

what should i be looking for ?

where did you get yours from ?

how much did they cost?

thanks Ben

adam1985 - 28/4/09 at 04:43 PM

i think demon eeks are quite dear any way aint they try rally design think thats where mine were from

tomprescott - 28/4/09 at 05:44 PM

I got nylon ones made up from a guy on ebay who makes quite a few bits for locosts and haynes roadsters, complete set for the front cost about £30 I think. Seem very well made, no doubt someone will be along in a minute to say that nylon is rubbish though! Offhand, I think it was Dave Oxley....

bitsilly - 28/4/09 at 06:46 PM

Where do I get my bush from? Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

hampshe - 28/4/09 at 07:08 PM

Try Wisbech engineering, i think they supply GTS with their bushes, if their bushes are as good as the rest of their engineering work, should be ok

iank - 28/4/09 at 07:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hampshe
Try Wisbech engineering, i think they supply GTS with their bushes, if their bushes are as good as the rest of their engineering work, should be ok

I think most of the manufacturers buy from Wisbech - they are very cheap.

http://www.wisbech-engineering.co.uk/Wisbech_Engineering_-_Interior_%26_Miscellaneous_Products.html

MikeR - 28/4/09 at 07:48 PM

Procomp supply proper polyflex (or is it superflex) ..... anyway, proper what evers.

Guess what i've got

alistairolsen - 29/4/09 at 10:16 AM

so the wisebech ones work out at about 4.74 each if you buy the inner and outer sleeves and bush halves.

Anyone got a price on the procomp ones?

Minicooper - 29/4/09 at 10:34 AM

The Wisebech one are hard and not suitable for de dion, live axles mountings, also the width of the metal tube is narrow compared to the others available and it's a very tight squeeze getting a 25mm tube welded properly to it.

Cheers
David