Board logo

Alloy Warning Lamps
L1berator - 6/11/16 at 05:15 PM

Hi All,

First ever build from a (really) non-engineer so I was wondering if I could ask a question...

I'm in the process of building a Tiger Avon, and I've got to the stage of laying out the dash to decide how I want it to look. I've chosen Smiths International gauges (80mm speedo and tacho, 52mm oil pressure, water temperature, volts and fuel), so I'm a bit limited on the layout.

I quite like the look of the hoops and toggle switches like this:

Description
Description

The hoops are available from CBS (ouch) and the toggle switches aren't a problem - where I've run into difficulties is sourcing the lamps. As it stands I think I need the following:

Rear Fogs
Brake Test
Hazards
Main Beam
Main and Sides

All of these are available from CBS also, so that's fine but, (like the picture) I'd also like:

Start
Horn
Windscreen Wipers
Windscreen Washers

Only thing is, CBS don't do them - they suggested to look on Ebay...

CBS ones look like this...

Description
Description

I think the switches are made by Apem:

Description
Description

Their web site does show Q14 switches but, after getting through to them, I was informed that their MOQ was 25 units with a minimum spend of £300 - so they suggested contacting CBS...

Does anyone have any other potential leads for similar alloy lamps, or had I better give up on the idea? I don't want to mix and match them (especially at these prices)...

Thanks,

Peter

jrod - 6/11/16 at 06:24 PM

Doing the same as me - guards here: Classic U-shaped Toggle Switch Guards (Black Anodized Aluminum)

Much cheaper (see other items for colours)

The only horn I found is here:
14mm LED Dash Panel Warning Fog Turn Light Indicator 12V Bike Car Boat Lamp

They are not identical to the ones you chose (which I originally wanted also)
CBS sell quite a few of the others but it seems not washers.

bi22le - 6/11/16 at 11:07 PM

I have not checked but try RS components.

I know they do some car stuff and are the cheapest i found for ali buttons and LED rain lights.

sprintB+ - 7/11/16 at 08:24 AM

someone mentioned these only the other day: 10x 4mm Stainless Steel U Bolts with Plate Nuts and Washers FREE DELIVERY

L1berator - 7/11/16 at 12:28 PM

Thanks, everyone - didn't even think of RS - just goes to show you...

sdh2903 - 7/11/16 at 12:53 PM

Rs do loads of different ones.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/indicators/7039068/