Board logo

Handbrake Gaitor and Surrounds
mike smith1 - 26/2/07 at 11:01 AM

Hi All,

After some inspiration on this one, have a nice little surround from a clio that sits over the sierra hand brake on the tunnel of our indy just nicely and looks quite good (will take a picture later)!

I have a richbrook yellow gaitor that we were planning to use but its not quite right as the part that ties up near the handle its self is to bulky for the surround.

I know it will be easier to understand once the picture is posted, but would like to see what others have done.

Mike

macnab - 26/2/07 at 11:07 AM

I'd like to see that as mines looking crap

mike smith1 - 27/2/07 at 06:54 PM

Pic 1

mike smith1 - 27/2/07 at 06:55 PM

Pic 2

mike smith1 - 27/2/07 at 06:56 PM

Pic 3

mike smith1 - 27/2/07 at 06:56 PM

Pic 4

mike smith1 - 27/2/07 at 06:57 PM

Pic 5

mike smith1 - 27/2/07 at 07:01 PM

as you can see in pic's 4 & 5 the gaitor does't want to sit near the handle and when it is tight upto the handle and the handbrake is in the off position the gaitor is to bulky and causes the handbrake light on the dash to stay on. I have the feeling the only way to resolve this is to change the gaitor to a type that has a encorporated handbrake handle.

Any ideas appreciated as its starting to do my head in now! Comment about surround etc welcomed as well as i didn't like it at first but its growing on me.

Please be honest.

Mike

Hellfire - 27/2/07 at 08:58 PM

Mike, even if you could find a gaitor to fit, are you sure you'll be able to fully release the handbrake with the surround on? Looks a bit tight to me.

Phil

mike smith1 - 27/2/07 at 09:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Mike, even if you could find a gaitor to fit, are you sure you'll be able to fully release the handbrake with the surround on? Looks a bit tight to me.

Phil

Yes mate, the light goes out when the gaitor is not on so if we get a handle and gaitor combined it should work, were did you get your gaitor it buts upto the same style handle as ours doesn't it?

Congrats on the magazine article by the way, looks awesome!

Mike

Hellfire - 27/2/07 at 09:28 PM

Cheers Mike. Unfortunately our old man made the aluminium handbrake grip and mum stitched the gaitor together after cutting the material for it.

Phil