Board logo

1600 711M crossflow engine (or full conversion package)
ch1ef - 22/12/09 at 09:49 PM

Im thinking about adding a big power engine to my formula 27, if I could get a reasonable amount of money for my engine/setup then I would definatly go for it!

Its a 1600cc, 711m engine fully rebuild with all new gaskets and seals about 5000miles ago (although thats ~4 years ago now) with receipts for work by engineering company.
Kent cams,
carbs
Unleaded conversion.
New pistons.
lots of burton parts,
4 branch manifold and exhuast.
4 speed box
new water pump
new alternater
uprated clutch
etc (need to check reciepts and spec when with the car next, but puts down a good amount more power than standard)

can come with full prop, rear axel, diff, loom etc if wanted so its litterly a drop in full setup.

Can be seen running before removal for a full inspection

im located in Bristol but can deliver at a cost anywhere if paid beforehand.

[Edited on 23/12/09 by ch1ef]

Alan M - 23/12/09 at 10:12 AM

Just been let down on a complete 4AGE engine package, so U2U sent

ch1ef - 23/12/09 at 07:58 PM

researched what these are worth, seems an engine of this build quality sells for just under £1000, so im going to say £1200 for everything! Surely a bargain?!

Will get full spec from reciepts asap and some pics

mr henderson - 23/12/09 at 08:02 PM

You might want to be a bit more specific about the parts fitted ('carbs' is a bit vague), performance etc, even a pic or two might help. I reckon £1200 is pretty much the top end of the asking range, but others may have different opinions

[Edited on 23/12/09 by mr henderson]

ch1ef - 23/12/09 at 08:13 PM

thanks for the reply, get Ill sort out full specs, the cars locked in my mates garage that I cant get into or I would have done already, but will soon.

for a drop in full setup, with carbs already setup and jetted etc for me if building a car would seem like a very easy and cost effective way to go.

The full setup when I built it up cost me over £3000 including mates rates on engine building.

Bit silly of me putting this up with not a full spec. ill get it sorted and then hopefully go from there

gordon h - 28/12/09 at 04:51 PM

did i read right been let down on toyota package, if someone had talked to seller and let him no what was happening then wouldnt of been let down.

ch1ef - 28/12/09 at 07:36 PM

handbags!

for anyone here for the sale thread, please see the other thread I started http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=127244 to make it clearer and with picture

happy christmas!