Board logo

C20XE with Dry Sump Kit and Exhaust
Lundy - 1/1/14 at 05:15 PM

I am changing my engine for a steel internal one with a QED dry sump kit that I have been putting together, so I have the following for sale. This is currently still fitted in my narrow body Westfield and can be seen and heard running. Since fitting this engine I have covered approximately 4000 miles nearly all of which have been done on the road.

Engine
Bought three years ago originally came from a Calibra with 70,000 miles
The engine has been re-bored to 86.5mm
Replaced the main bearings and the big end bearings before I fitted to my car
Fitted ARP rod bolts

I have just completed the following
New head gasket fitted
Valve seals replaced
Valves lapped in

The thermostat, housing and sensors are included.
Crank Sensor included
Crank pulley - square tooth
Standard Cam pulleys
Spark plugs NGK R ZFR6F 11
The distributor blanking plate is included – removing this would allow a distributor to be fitted, should a distributor not be required I will include a ball bearing that can be pressed into the end of the camshaft.
Engine was run on Mobil 1 10w60

The engine has just been compression tested cold for three compression strokes and the results are recorded below in PSI
Cylinder Reading
1 160
2 155
3 155
4 160

Alternator
Daihatsu Charade (Denso unit which looks sickeningly familiar to the 40A SBD one I have just bought) with mounting bracket which locates it on the LHS, driven with a V belt.
Aluminium single V bottom pulley

Dry Sump System

This is from a Formula Vauxhall/OPEL Lotus single seater which is the same as this one on eBay

Please note that the sump pan had suffered damage which has been repaired to a high standard. I have had a new boss welded onto the cover plate to allow the oil pressure gauge to be fitted onto the front to provide clearance to the steering column.
The oil pump is driven by a toothed belt from a pulley which attaches to the water pump. The water pump pulley has been machined to accept this.
This photo shows with the dry sump before it was originally fitted

Cam cover powder coated black with breather pipes blocked off (see photos)
Dip stick blank
The oil filter is a Bosch 0451103336
The oil can is 2 gallon capacity with a sight tube this does have a small dent in the top (see photos)
The catch can is 1 litre capacity with a sight tube has some rivets in the top these were in when I got it and I have no idea why.
All pipes are Teflon braided and have anodised blue and red couplings (the only exception to this is the scavenge pipe to the pump)

Exhaust

Manifold 4-2-1 mild steel surface corrosion has a home made look about it but works perfectly well.
Silencer, this is from a motor bike(Scorpion) and no longer does much silencing, has a piece welded on the end to direct the gas further back, see photo.

I would prefer to sell this as a complete kit but should I not have any interest then I will consider splitting.

£950 Collection Only

Lundy - 10/3/14 at 11:45 AM

Bump

laptoprob - 10/3/14 at 07:27 PM

Sorry to hijack but why change from the dry sump yoiu have to the QED version?

cfc999 - 10/3/14 at 08:08 PM

U2U sent with my contact details.
Cheers
Chris

Lundy - 13/3/14 at 09:16 PM

To answer your question I have a new engine to go in and it came with the complete QED dry sump system