Board logo

Westfield SEIW race car - £15,000
RichUK - 19/1/16 at 09:33 PM

It is time to sell my 2015 Westfield SEIW race car. The car has been the subject of much development and money over the past 12 months as we prepped it for racing, and has wanted for nothing on the time that I have owned it.

We raced the car in 2015 with Classic Sports Car Club in their Magnificent 7s series and Open Races.

It fits into Group 2 for Mag 7s. This car would be equally at home in either 750mc Sports Specials, Northern Saloon & Sports car championship or CNC Heads Sports/Saloon championship to name a few.

The car has been looked after by Solutions Racing in Brighthampton, Oxfordshire for all preparation and race support. They are available to talk about the car if needed.

So, the details are as follows -

Q plated 2005 with 2 litre Vauxhall XE red top with Coscast head.
Rebuilt in May 2015 using SBD components for 235bhp - at a cost of £7,500 (parts & labour).
Mapped to a conservative 210bhp at present
Engine has <six hours running since rebuild
DTA S40 ECU
QED dry sump
SBD bellhousing and stainless steel exhaust manifold
SBD paddle clutch
Wunoff repackable silencer
Quaife 5 speed straight cut type 9 pro box with long first gear and quickshift lever
Remote oil filter, samco hoses, oil catch tank
Oil cooler
Brise motorsport alternator
Playskool full roll cage with FIA roll cage padding
FIA rain light (not presently fitted – fog light added back on for MoT) & rain light switch
Radtec race radiator
Radtec 43l endurance fuel tank
Fuel pump
New fuel filler neck & cap
Front and rear tow straps
Red top battery
3.92 Sierra LSD
Siltech oval tube widetrack and camber adjuster plus front arb
Siltech rear arb
Westfield Gaz shocks
CAT motorsport solid grooved discs front and rear with Bremsport 4 pot calipers on front
Playskool carbon aero screen and dash
VDO gauges, including dial oil / water pressure gauge
Small M&P headlamps
2015 Westfield Cobra race seat (adjustable) for driver
Westfield unpadded race seat for passenger, spare unpadded driver seat also included
Schroth Hybrid-II H (HANS compatible) six point harness for driver
PlaySkool - five point harness for passenger
BG Developments twin bias brakes with dash adjuster
Push button starter
Momo removable steering wheel
CAT motorsport quick rack with alloy mounts
Purple body with fixed arches and black cycle wings
Extended steering column
Shortened gear lever
New FIA master switch & cut out
Plumbed in fire extinguisher

Compomotive CXR alloys 6x13 front and 8x13 rear shod with Avon ZZR tyres. These are this years main race tyres so have had five plus hours running, but will need replacing soon.

Car is currently SORN and had a fresh MoT on 30th November after the race season finished. All it needs to be used on the road is number plates. The V5 is here and in my name.

There is some cracking on the gel coat on the rear right hand side they are only superficial and we think caused by petrol being spilled when refuelling. There is a small piece of the gel coat missing from the driver’s rear wheel arch, likely caused by a stone from a gravel trap. This is a race / track car and not a garage queen.

The price is £15,000 and the car is available for viewing / inspection at my home in Longhope, Gloucestershire. Feel free to contact me via the forum or on 07764 176 276.

Many thanks
Rich

[Edited on 19/1/16 by RichUK]

RichUK - 28/1/16 at 02:54 PM

All the racing stickers have been removed, she is good to go now.

New car arrives in four weeks time, hopefully they won't be alongside each other for too long.

megapin - 29/1/16 at 10:33 AM

What weight is the car please ?
What sort of lap times did the car achieve in Mag 7's ?

RichUK - 1/2/16 at 02:20 PM

Car is provisionally sold, subject to payment. Megapin, I'll let you know if that situation changes.