Board logo

GBS Zero - Duratec Powered
GrahamC - 22/7/21 at 04:16 PM

Passed IVA on 9th June 2021, registered on 1st July 2021 and has an age related plate.

Doesn't need an MOT for another 3 years and has only done 300 miles.

Quite unique, rather than take the traditional fibreglass rear-end approach it is sporting exposed rear suspension and small wheel arches.

With the exception of the dashboard and nose cone, the whole of the body (including arches) is hand formed aluminium.

The paint is black-textured Raptor and again is quite different, people tend to want to come up to it and stroke it!

An almost perfect 50:50 weight distribution (51.5% front, 48.5% rear) and weighs in at a spritely 558kg with a full tank of fuel so handles superbly.

Engine produces 160bhp (286bhp per tonne) with an almost flat torque curve (mapped by DanST Engineering) so it is possible to change from 2nd to 5th and still accelerate.

Specification:
2.0 Duratec (N4JB block) - also has the high flowing (RF 3S4G) head
Single large throttle body mated to a large plenum from a Caterham 420R
Shallow alloy sump
Stainless over-the-rail manifold with built-in high flow stainless CAT
Standalone ME221 ECU - comes with two maps (one to get you through it's next MOT and one mapped for outright power)
Baffled fuel tank
Swirl pot and fuel pressure regulator
Large alloy radiator
Independent suspension
ATR adjustable coil overs
Quaife ATB LSD, 3.92 ratio
2.4 ratio quick rack
Mazda NC gearbox
Concentric slave cylinder
Discs all round, vented front, solid rear
Toyo TR1s on lightweight 15" rims
Westfield race seats
Full set of ETB instruments
50mm rear cage
Lowered floor
Windscreen

Blistering performance, turns heads everywhere.

Currently has a power to weight ratio of 286bhp per tonne, given that it is running carpets, original (IVA friendly) Sierra steering wheel and a full sized battery this could easily be improved upon.

It's an awesome road car or equally could become a track day weapon.

Reason for sale:
I simply have a lot of projects, 5 cars and a motorbike at the moment. All being told I enjoy the building more than the driving so now it's time to move this one on and make some space.

Car is located in Cheshire (CW2), 10 mins from M6 J16.

Price is £13000 ono.

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

GrahamC - 2/8/21 at 12:17 PM

Time for a price drop as I'm keen to get some space back in the garage!

Now asking £12000.

G13BLocost - 3/8/21 at 06:10 AM

Hi Graham,

If you don't mind me asking, why the quick sale after only just IVAing the car?

Cheers,
Josh

GrahamC - 3/8/21 at 07:42 AM

I have too many projects. I have another kit car that I’m building and I need space to be honest….I’m more interested in the building than the driving.

If the zero does not sell then I’m going to list my striker project instead and put more effort into upgrading the zero to the next level….2.5 Duratec and a new paint job I think is next on my list if I keep it.