Board logo

Land to shoot and help control pasts
daryl - 20/2/14 at 01:00 PM

Hi there am from County Durham area me and a good m8 of mine are looking for a bit land to shoot happy to help with what Eva vermin rat rabbit pigeon thanks for looking and your time
Cheers Daryl

coyoteboy - 20/2/14 at 01:19 PM

Try clays or targets, bit more pleasant all round.

twybrow - 20/2/14 at 01:28 PM

You should try looking for some punctuation first!

Not Anumber - 20/2/14 at 02:19 PM

Being a car forum. All most of us are interested in killing is a bit of time off our 0 to 60

Ivan - 20/2/14 at 02:48 PM

I always thought shooting was better at eliminating futures than controlling pasts.

Sorry - couldn't resist that - yes I know it was a typo.

Not Anumber - 20/2/14 at 03:03 PM

Nice girl Eva , hope she is ok with the sound of all those guns going off.

MikeRJ - 20/2/14 at 04:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daryl
me and a good m8 of mine are looking for a bit land to shoot happy

That's going to make the other 6 dwarves quite angry.

nick205 - 20/2/14 at 04:55 PM

This hasn't gone well has it

daryl - 20/2/14 at 05:52 PM

It's not looking that way but if they had a barn riddled with rats and nothing was working am sure they would not mind help then or there horses braking there legs because of rabbit holes every where to some ppl there ok and other ppl there pests it's a fourm your allways going to have ppl saying its bad but a just see them been narrow minded

MikeCapon - 20/2/14 at 06:08 PM

It is a worry that some people are allowed to use firearms when they are apparently incapable of manipulating a keyboard....

Sam_68 - 20/2/14 at 06:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daryl...horses braking there legs

Now you can't fool me, young man - I know from bitter experience that horses aren't fitted with brakes.

daviep - 20/2/14 at 06:43 PM

Just to provide a bit of balance, I have no problem with pest control.

Cheers
Davie

twybrow - 20/2/14 at 06:52 PM

Nor do I, but I do prefer spelling and punctuation!

Wadders - 20/2/14 at 06:52 PM

Originally posted by Sam_68

Now you can't fool me, young man - I know from bitter experience that horses aren't fitted with brakes.

wylliezx9r - 20/2/14 at 06:53 PM

I don't think its the service the op is offering thats the source of the entertainment. Its the poor wording, spelling and grammar that's funny. Not that my English is much better.

Sam_68 - 20/2/14 at 07:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daviep
Just to provide a bit of balance, I have no problem with pest control.

quote:
Originally posted by wylliezx9r
I don't think its the service the op is offering thats the source of the entertainment. Its the poor wording, spelling and grammar that's funny.

^^^ This.

Seriously, OP, you'd stand a better chance if you made an effort to disguise the fact that you're semi-literate.

I have been known to shoot vermin myself - no problem with it as a means of pest control - but turning up on an internet forum asking the question with your spelling and grammar is akin to door-knocking a farmer to ask permission to shoot whilst wearing a hoody, covered in prison tattoos, accompanied by a pit-bull and swigging from a bottle of cheap cider.

You have to create the right impression before someone is going to even consider letting you wander around their land unsupervised, with a gun.

daviep - 20/2/14 at 07:08 PM

quote:
I don't think it's the service the op is offering that's the source of the entertainment. It's the poor wording, spelling and grammar that's funny. Not that my English is much better.

You missed a couple of apostrophes Wylie, I've added them in red for you

Cheers
Davie

Wouldn't MrHenderson be proud of us?

steve m - 20/2/14 at 07:13 PM

DavidW - 20/2/14 at 07:15 PM

Great, I've been looking for a grammar forum for ages!

daryl - 20/2/14 at 07:29 PM

Sorry that am not the best at spelling nice to see am entertaining some sad ppl out there that are big siting behind there phone / computer Neva mind

carpmart - 20/2/14 at 07:38 PM

Come on chaps, we are usually a much more charitable bunch than this!

Back to the original poster. Get onto one of airgun forums and ask about permissions.

Its also worth getting out and knocking some doors to ask for shooting permissions. A polite and courteous approach to farmers, with a recommendation in writing from other permissions you have shot before and an offer to share the bunnies with the landowner, usually goes down well. If you get a permission, cherish it and a bottle of scotch every once in a while, does wonders to keep you in favour!

[Edited on 20/2/14 by carpmart]

wylliezx9r - 20/2/14 at 07:45 PM

quote:
quote:
I don't think it's the service the op is offering that's the source of the entertainment. It's the poor wording, spelling and grammar that's funny. Not that my English is much better.

Cheers
Davie

Thanks for that Davey. Perhaps if you had read my response correctly you would have noticed that I said "Not that my English is much better"

[Edited on 20/2/14 by wylliezx9r]

MikeCapon - 20/2/14 at 07:52 PM

quote:

He'd be going ape right now... I wonder where the mad old sod has got to.

Edited for typo. Feck. Not the thread to get yer spellin rong

[Edited on 20/2/14 by MikeCapon]

twybrow - 20/2/14 at 07:58 PM

OP - sorry I caused you offence. None was meant. It just is one of the most illiterate posts I have seen for a long time on LCB. Good luck on your hunt for a hunt!

Edited for a typo - damn it!

[Edited on 20/2/14 by twybrow]

jossey - 20/2/14 at 08:05 PM

Slightly worrying for a car forum this thread gets more replies than many of the bec v cec posts lol

daviep - 20/2/14 at 08:07 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Cheers
Davie

Thanks for that Davey. Perhaps if you had read my response correctly you would have noticed that I said "Not that my English is much better"

Clearly I read your response correctly as I noticed that you had missed several apostrophes. My reply was meant in jest but perhaps you are a bit touchy today so I apologise.

Cheers
Davie

wylliezx9r - 20/2/14 at 08:27 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Cheers
Davie

Clearly I read your response correctly as I noticed that you had missed several apostrophes. My reply was meant in jest but perhaps you are a bit touchy today so I apologise.

Cheers
Davie

It was meant and taken inhumour from my end too. No worries.

Jon Ison - 20/2/14 at 09:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jossey
Slightly worrying for a car forum this thread gets more replies than many of the bec v cec posts lol

Gunz r know longr aloud in cec vrz bec freds four safti rasins.

nick205 - 20/2/14 at 11:09 PM

Honestly, this is one of the most amusing threadz I've read in a long time. The back references to Mr Henderson are spot on. I too wander where the cantankerous old bugger went, he amused me gr8tly.

I've no issue with shooting or vermin control in the right setting. Quite enjoy shooting clays on my brother in laws farm when I get the chance as well. I say that, but it's more a case of letting of a shotgun in a controlled environment as the chances of me hitting the intended target are slim to nun.

Not sure this is the right forum to be looking on though and if I were able to offer permissions, the OP's TXT SPK, grammar and approach would not encourage me to reply.

MikeR - 20/2/14 at 11:41 PM

because you know where you are with a man with a gun. Those bec boys and girls are downright crazy.

nb certified and dyslexic - plus i know a man with a lot of nerf guns and he's prepared to use them.