Board logo

Ultra low entry scissor action jack for my Radical
carpmart - 13/3/16 at 09:49 PM

anyone got one or seen one FS please?

JacksAvon - 13/3/16 at 10:23 PM

one of these?

quick lift jack

daniel mason - 13/3/16 at 10:23 PM

I used to push it onto a 1" battern then up onto a 4" x 2" then a standard long reach quick jack works fine. The rear is easy to jack up with stsndard quick jack

daniel mason - 13/3/16 at 10:24 PM

That 50mm jack wouldn't have gone under mine. I only had 40mm ground clearance

[Edited on 13/3/16 by daniel mason]

Dopdog - 13/3/16 at 10:32 PM

I like the way he says he can do it at a lower price than others

and as you say Dan it will not go under our cars

daniel mason - 13/3/16 at 10:50 PM

Radicals are worse than single seaters to jack up at the front. The front body overhang is quite severe! You really need the front wheels on some wood.

Brook_lands - 14/3/16 at 07:54 AM

We use this sort of thing

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/rally-accessories/race-ramps-trak-jax-jack-clearance-ramps

Quite easy to make your own to suit if you want to go Locost.

HowardB - 14/3/16 at 08:15 AM

I made one,... I guess it can be adjusted to suit,...

locost low jack
locost low jack

or can you make an adaptor to use something like the rally jacks? Or a tip over one like they use in F1?

hth

daniel mason - 14/3/16 at 08:31 AM

I have a set of those ramps like Brookland. But the prosport wouldn't even go up them without being on battern

gaz_gaz - 14/3/16 at 08:31 AM

I used this with my Radical

http://www.adr-engineering.co.uk/shop-list-item.php?item=113&shop=Racing&time=1421961050

carpmart - 15/3/16 at 11:01 AM

Thanks for all the replies chaps..

I've got a set of shallow angle ramps I roll it onto, but just wanted something a little easier to use and more 'elegant'.

Johneturbo - 17/9/18 at 11:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HowardB
I made one,... I guess it can be adjusted to suit,...

locost low jack
locost low jack

or can you make an adaptor to use something like the rally jacks? Or a tip over one like they use in F1?

hth

I know it's an old thread but been searching for something like this, as the only way i can jack the car up is rolling it on blocks of wood as the MNR nose cone protrudes a long way forward.

Howard how low is the jack? and how much travel do you have?

[Edited on 17/9/18 by Johneturbo]

HowardB - 17/9/18 at 11:30 AM

If you are using the very front then 20mm, other wise depends on the size of the rollers/wheels, 40mm should be possible. It goes "over centre" so the lift height is just less than the length of the front arms, I have about 200mm on mine, enough in most cases.

Johneturbo - 17/9/18 at 01:58 PM

Yes 200mm would be plenty

Do you have a diagram on measurements ect as I would like to build something like this

HowardB - 17/9/18 at 02:02 PM

I did have a set of drawings for it, I have changed PC a few times since, I'll see if I can find it. u2u me your email and I'll send what I can or take some more pics...

Johneturbo - 17/9/18 at 03:01 PM

Cool, cheers I'll send you my email