Board logo

Prevent 'rubbing' in hoses?
Irony - 22/8/11 at 08:16 AM

I have just more or less finished putting in my fuel lines and riveting the P-clips to the chassis etc. I found it almost impossible to prevent the fuel hoses from rubbing against the chassis when the hose has to go round a corner (75 degees is about the max). In a ideal world absolutely zero contact with the fuel hose is the way to go, but it the real world it seems impossible where a tight spot is involved. Where any rubbing is likely I have protected the fuel hose with some convoluted tubing. This seems the best option to me.

Is there any IVA regulation on this and what have other people done?

franky - 22/8/11 at 08:30 AM

Sounds like a good way of doing it. where my hoses/fuel lines go near anything i've put fuel hose over them.

Irony - 22/8/11 at 08:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by franky
Sounds like a good way of doing it. where my hoses/fuel lines go near anything i've put fuel hose over them.

You've put fuel hose over fuel hose. Interesting. Did the IVA man comment at all?

When I say rubbing, I don't flopping around or anything. Just touching. I used this fancy pants A1 marine grade fuel hose which is pretty tough. The wall thickness is about 6mm. I am just being careful

franky - 22/8/11 at 08:43 AM

What I meant was over the sold 8mm fuel lines I put hose on top of all the 'might rub' areas. Also over braided brake hoses.

The IVA tester liked the way it was put together.

designer - 22/8/11 at 09:04 AM

Agree, I put a larger fuel hose at all possible rubbing points.

mad-butcher - 22/8/11 at 09:41 AM

+3 brakes and fuel

handyandy - 22/8/11 at 11:05 AM

+4, rubber fuel hose over the solid fuel & brake pipes at any area,s where there is a risk of "rubbing" secured with cable ties to keep the rubber hose in place

cheers
andy