Board logo

calvinx Tig welder help
MikeR - 23/3/22 at 07:12 PM

I've got one of the tig welders calvinx organised in the bulk buy about 15 years ago. Does anyone have a manual for one I could pay for a copy of?

I think I've figured out most dials / switches but some things are confusing me & if like to be certain before I make it go boom.

Also does anyone know of any good guides. I can mig weld (I even got a city & guilds in it) but Tig is new to me. Finally any recommendation of a good helmet. My cheap auto darken helmet is fine mostly but occasionally I get a bright "ball" on the end of the torch and the lens doesn't stop it. The old fixed shade helmet copies fine.

(No idea why I get the ball or why occasionally the arc doesn't start)

Mr Whippy - 24/3/22 at 07:21 AM

best bet is to list the machine number and manufacturer, good old google should find a manual for it

MikeR - 24/3/22 at 07:48 AM

Yep tried that, hence now asking back on here. China isn't great for having listings of manuals on 15 year old machines bought direct.

CairB - 24/3/22 at 08:50 AM

U2U sent.

nick205 - 24/3/22 at 10:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Yep tried that, hence now asking back on here. China isn't great for having listings of manuals on 15 year old machines bought direct.

Indeed, some countries aren't great at sharing info/manuals on kit and equipment.

Looks like you may have a helper on hand though.

daviep - 24/3/22 at 05:18 PM

I'm sure I still have my manual, unfortunately I'm away from home for next 3 weeks, I can scan it when I return if you don't get help sooner.

Davie

MikeR - 24/3/22 at 05:59 PM

Love this forum. Hopefully have a PDF winging it's way to me.

CairB - 24/3/22 at 06:14 PM

Winged!