Board logo

console - table
Dutchman - 27/3/06 at 12:21 PM

Want to make a table, console, desk how do you call it I dont know , to put the chasis on it so I can work other things ... in the Discovery show when Marc Evans is building a Westfield he is using something on wheels around 12" high , is that enough ... I dont wont it on ground and I dont want it to high so I can work on engine later on and on body paneling also ...

and please the name on the thing so I dont look stupid ... thx

David Jenkins - 27/3/06 at 12:22 PM

Trolley?

Bluemoon - 27/3/06 at 12:51 PM

My trolly is about 12"-14" high, and on castors. Would have been better to work on at a higher hight, but I can easly lower the car from this hight to the ground...

Dan

Wadders - 27/3/06 at 12:57 PM

Mine was about 700mm to bottom chassis rail, which seemed very comfortable to work on. It was made from 50 x 25 box section and had 125mm castors on each corner, perfect for a BEC, Four of us lifted it off when fully built with ease. might be more difficult with a car engine and box.

nick205 - 27/3/06 at 01:21 PM

4 x axle stands did the trick for me

JoelP - 27/3/06 at 09:52 PM

if you give it a metal surface you can tack tubes to it temporarily, and just earth the table. Should make working a bit easier. Id think low waist height would be ideal for me, i have a bad back so i hate bending over