Board logo

rehmann tig and plasma cutter machines
blakep82 - 29/6/08 at 02:10 PM

silly question perhaps, but some of the machines on ebay say inverter arc plasma cutter, while the tig machines are tig inverters...

are they the same? i quite fancy a plasma cutter, and there seems to be some really cheap at the minute. maybe worth a shot, but will i get the bonus of being able to use it as a tig welder too?

I'm not very familiar with either of these machines. was just watching some program about demolition derbys lol and a guy had a plasma cutter. was very impressed. already got a compressor so no worries there

tks - 29/6/08 at 02:18 PM

inverter means that the amps are generated through invertering with big fets/IGBTS etc. to the requiered voltage etc. etc. non inverter would be an huge weiging machine with an transformer....

so to answer your question inverter is a method it doesn't stand automaticly for TIG welding....

Tks

blakep82 - 29/6/08 at 02:23 PM

ah, cool thats what i suspected but wasn't sure.

thanks

i'll keep an eye, at the moment there's one with a single bid of £1, finishing tomorrow. seems worth a shot, and another the next day with no bids

big_wasa - 29/6/08 at 05:41 PM

yep ive got one

blakep82 - 29/6/08 at 06:59 PM

you've got what? a tig/arc/plasma all in one machine?

big_wasa - 29/6/08 at 09:10 PM

yep

If you want any info on it give me a shout

blakep82 - 29/6/08 at 09:22 PM

cool cheers

i'd probably not end up using it for TIGing though. too much argon
was it expensive though?

Browser - 30/6/08 at 07:59 PM

He won't tell you 'cos his missus might find out!
I can, however, vouch for the fact that it works brilliantly

blakep82 - 30/6/08 at 08:39 PM

hmmm, so they are expensive then lol
damn, i forgot to have a look at the cheap one finishing at 8 tonight...

Peteff - 30/6/08 at 10:18 PM

They are £337 buy it now with £10.50 P&P on ebay aren't they?

blakep82 - 30/6/08 at 10:32 PM

there's a ones to bid on now and then, there was pne i saw last nite, with a £1 bid, and finished today at 8pm, i forgot to keep an eye on it...