Board logo

more spam :-(
theconrodkid - 8/11/15 at 04:15 PM

Peeps,i have notcied most of my spam comes from some clowns who,s e mail addy ends with "egmont.se",they just change the first couple of digits to fool the spam filter.
is there any way i can stop them ?,they seem a legit company in Sweden.

Staple balls - 8/11/15 at 05:50 PM

Depends who does your email as much as anything, but in gmail go here and add the domain so you have

The following filters are applied to all incoming mail:
Matches: fromegmont.se)
Do this: Delete it

If your emain jobber doesn't work like that, you could do a wildcard filter so *@egmont.se and send to junk or delete.

theconrodkid - 8/11/15 at 06:14 PM

Just BT internet.com,i have found a way of blocking messages with words or phrases in but not how to block the sender,the top of the form you fill in seems to be missing :-( so it could be there,thanks for the reply,i shall seek and if posible destroy :-).

britishtrident - 8/11/15 at 06:27 PM

What program are you using for eMail if you are using Thunderbird it is easy enough to create a message filter, Thunderbird also has an adaptive junk filter which learns from which mark messages as junk.

One of the best junk mail filters in Robin Keir K9 http://www.keir.net/k9.html A very mature program it takes a little knowledge to setup but is very effective I have been using it since the days of Windows 98.

[Edited on 8/11/15 by britishtrident]

Slimy38 - 8/11/15 at 07:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
What program are you using for eMail if you are using Thunderbird it is easy enough to create a message filter, Thunderbird also has an adaptive junk filter which learns from which mark messages as junk.

I find Yahoo's email filter seems to work effectively as long as you do mark them as junk. If there is a batch of messages of similar type (or source), one marked as junk gets it to the junk folder, then about half a dozen more end up there by default, then they disappear completely.

I used to just delete them with a rule but that doesn't tell the service provider what they are, so they carry on coming.

theconrodkid - 8/11/15 at 07:28 PM

Tried thunderbird and had to get someone to repair the damage i had done,i am not computer friendly :-(.
it,s just the std BT jobbie i use and my box for banned senders is full,wont accept any more.

anthony1 - 9/11/15 at 10:59 AM

We have recently had the same sort of problem...........hundreds of "returned mail to sender messages" , from mailer daemon......like yours the initials etc were changed some of the times. Did a search and found that the same thing seemed to be happening to thousands of other people worldwide! Advice was to change your e-mail password and not get your computer to remember it when given that option..........yes you need to type in your password each time but so far!!!!????? Worth a try .....

theconrodkid - 9/11/15 at 11:46 AM

ok thanks ill give it a try.
i did contact "egmont.se" and had a rant,they said they would look into it