Board logo

What happened next?
02GF74 - 12/5/09 at 01:34 PM

look away now!

no, really, you have been warned.

iank - 12/5/09 at 01:46 PM

Ouch, birdstrike on one of those while in competition could be rather deadly to more than just the bird.

JoelP - 12/5/09 at 03:46 PM

awesome

clairetoo - 12/5/09 at 03:59 PM

WOW

MautoK - 12/5/09 at 04:13 PM

Duck soup!

Badger_McLetcher - 13/5/09 at 12:41 AM

Bet the pilot cacked himself!

02GF74 - 13/5/09 at 06:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Badger_McLetcher
Bet the pilot cacked himself!

i dlubt it.

if you ever watched that on telly, you;d realise those pilots have no fear.

Vindi_andy - 15/5/09 at 11:17 AM

I remember watching one race where the pilot totally misjudged a gate in a race in arizona nearly smearing himself over a canyon wall and calmly carried on and finished his run

iank - 15/5/09 at 11:22 AM

Aye, but if it knocks the prop off there aren't a lot of options. Smashing through the canopy and covering your goggles with its entrails isn't going to do your concentration much good either - and there isn't a lot of time to recover at the speeds and height they fly at.

David Jenkins - 15/5/09 at 12:09 PM

There's a video on YouTube that shows a Red Bull racer who's prop lost a blade as the was going full throttle - very nasty, and he only just managed to land safely.

Bob C - 21/5/09 at 12:29 PM

I saw a utube vid. a while ago where some stunt type plane had an entire wing fall off!!! The pilot was able to control it ON ITS SIDE & landed it on the runway on its wheels. Gobsmacking. Looked real to me......

stevegough - 21/5/09 at 05:05 PM

Apologise for this one in advance...........

The pilot should have stopped at the pelican crossing!!

cd.thomson - 21/5/09 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bob C
I saw a utube vid. a while ago where some stunt type plane had an entire wing fall off!!! The pilot was able to control it ON ITS SIDE & landed it on the runway on its wheels. Gobsmacking. Looked real to me......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd7OSTxUD8Q

its not real, although only apparent towards the end of the video