Board logo

Old Age Sucks
Macbeast - 21/6/12 at 09:06 AM

I couldn't find my debit card this morning. After some thought, I realised I had probably put it in my shirt pocket after using an ATM. Looked for that shirt for 15 mins - not in laundry basket, not on bed, not in bathroom, not on floor, not in kitchen ( getting desperate now ).

Eventually realised I was wearing that same shirt

Peteff - 21/6/12 at 09:28 AM

Yes but was your card in the pocket ?

scootz - 21/6/12 at 09:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff

What card?

HowardB - 21/6/12 at 09:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff

What card?

next thursday!

pewe - 21/6/12 at 10:04 AM

David Cameron

ReMan - 21/6/12 at 12:05 PM

"where's me puddin"

Steve Hignett - 21/6/12 at 12:53 PM

Blue mini-bus

AllWeatherDan - 21/6/12 at 01:44 PM

That Turnips from mi allotment!

Peteff - 21/6/12 at 03:55 PM

I wanted green jelly !

40inches - 21/6/12 at 04:19 PM

Spent 15mins frantically searching for my car keys, until swimbo pointed out that they were in my hand

theprisioner - 21/6/12 at 04:54 PM

I don't drink much these days. But the last time I did, the next day I went into Screwfix to buy some customers material. I normally pay with my business de bit card that I use every day and have done for 5 years. That day the brin cell died overnight, I had to go home and look it up.

bi22le - 21/6/12 at 05:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
I couldn't find my debit card this morning. After some thought, I realised I had probably put it in my shirt pocket after using an ATM. Looked for that shirt for 15 mins - not in laundry basket, not on bed, not in bathroom, not on floor, not in kitchen ( getting desperate now ).

Phah! You dont have to be old to do that sort of thing but it gives a great excuse for when you forget what or why you were trying to find it!!

deltron63 - 21/6/12 at 06:14 PM

Welcome to my world

ed1max - 21/6/12 at 06:25 PM

quote:

I tried to call someone today by punching the number into the remote control for the TV.

coozer - 21/6/12 at 06:29 PM

I searched high n low for mine, all over the house, garden, garage, the route I'd just been with the dog.. no luck, called the bank, canceled the cards, walked in the bog and there it was on the window sill.. DOH!

otodb - 21/6/12 at 06:32 PM

Mate of mine couldn't remember where he'd left his car at tescos, took him ages to find it. Next time he was at the Doc's he mentioned it to him & asked if he had he got Dementia. The Doc said no thats not a problem, but if you forget the colour you'r really in trouble.

Xtreme Kermit - 21/6/12 at 08:03 PM

Loving this thread...

theprisioner - 21/6/12 at 08:14 PM

The wife lost her mobile in February. It was not lost she said, just misplaced, "don't report it stolen, it will turn up". I tried ringing it but of course she never switches it on, emergency use only excuse. Well I ignored it for a few months and sure enough there was no billing. She turned the car/house/my cars/ the daughters cars/houses upside down no phone.

One day her car broke down, had to put 1£/minute into a pay phone at Tesco's to tell me to fix it. I fixed the car after cycling to where she broke down as she won't drive my van (or Westfield).

I will get to the point.....

At that point I went to Argos paid over £20 and bingo new pay as you go phone. Several weeks later the phone turned up in her hand bag where it had been all the time. What does my wife say "someone must have put it there, I looked there immediately I lost it".

I think she must mean me cos the cat is the only other inhabitant of my house these days.

Jasper - 22/6/12 at 01:53 PM

Yup, same here, 'lost' my wallet a couple of weeks ago, cancelled my cards, ordered a new driving licence, then 'found' it in my other jacket!!

Davegtst - 22/6/12 at 02:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ed1max
quote:

I tried to call someone today by punching the number into the remote control for the TV.

I remember my dad trying to answer the remote once with his phone ringing away in his pocket.

splitrivet - 22/6/12 at 02:19 PM

Spent half an hour looking for me specs then realised I was wearing them, best bit is the missus was helping me look and she never noticed.
Cheers,
Bob

vanepico - 22/6/12 at 02:54 PM

I regularly go out into the garage and completely forget why I went in there, it's even worse because I'm still only 19. And this was even before I went to uni

EDIT:Garage/Workshop

[Edited on 22/6/12 by vanepico]

bonzoronnie - 22/6/12 at 03:22 PM

I have got to the stage that I cycle through the Grandsons names till I get the right one.

More often than not, when I have been out with the dog, when I return home I try to unlock the front door of the house with the remote fob of my Jeep.

jollygreengiant - 22/6/12 at 06:03 PM

Years ago when I was 20-something, I took my parents down to see my sister (Wellingborough - Bognor Regis, about 127 miles). This involved a comfort stop (or two) for my folk.

M1 J12 toddington services, comfort stop.

London gateway M1, comfort stop.

Guildford, comfort stop.

At each stop I waited patiently in the car so that we may carry on just as soon as they had both returned. At the forth stop just near five mile bottom, my mother returned first and on entering the car she asked me, almost sounding indignantly, " How come you haven't needed to use the loo's yet?"
To this I replied "I don't know why, I just don't need to."

Now I am in my 50's I know the reason why, it was because I was a lot younger then.

Now then, where DID I put my..........................................................

chillis - 22/6/12 at 06:10 PM

Ahh now what did I come in here for ?????

perksy - 22/6/12 at 06:17 PM

Bloke i used to work with drove to the betting shop once which was about 2 miles away
He then walked back to work as he had forgotten he'd gone in his car

Peteff - 23/6/12 at 07:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by perksy
Bloke i used to work with drove to the betting shop once which was about 2 miles away
He then walked back to work as he had forgotten he'd gone in his car

Done that, called at the local shop on the way home and come out with a bit of shopping then walked home about half a mile with carrier bag and noticed the car wasn't outside as I got near the house so I walked back to the car still carrying the shopping so my wife didn't notice

RazMan - 23/6/12 at 08:21 AM

I have had the same debit card PIN number for 35 years and must have used it thousands of times. Yesterday, after doing the weekly supermarket shop (and using my card to pay) I stopped for fuel on the way home. While paying for the fuel I then had a senior moment and completely forgot my PIN! I tried 3 times to enter it and eventually succeeded in locking my card!

Old age indeed sucks big time

Simon - 23/6/12 at 08:22 AM

Was removing old bathroom tiles last night, so went to garage to get some tools.

Get to bathroom and have one hammer, a screwdriver, a crowbar and a

boomerang

ATB

Simon

40inches - 26/6/12 at 09:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Was removing old bathroom tiles last night, so went to garage to get some tools.

Get to bathroom and have one hammer, a screwdriver, a crowbar and a

boomerang

ATB

Simon

Confused but excited. - 26/6/12 at 11:26 AM

It used to be, that my three golden rules for life were:

1) If it hasn't happened yet, it's too early to worry.
2) If it's already happened, it's too late to worry.
3) Never let an idiot ruin your day.

Now I'm old they are:

1) Never pass up the opportunity to have a pee.
2) Never waste an erection.
3) NEVER trust a fart!

Yep, getting old sucks, but make the most of it, 'cos you don't know how long it will last.

On the plus side, I ain't going to get anybody pregnant, unless I'm really, really lucky.

steve m - 26/6/12 at 11:39 AM

Ive run upstairs to get somthing and forgotten (on the way up what it was i was after)

so ran back downstairs , and remembered, so back upstairs, and forgotten AGAIN

I actually was laughing, so much i gave up on this mission, and had a beer

steve

Lightning - 26/6/12 at 11:55 AM

quote:

Ive run upstairs to get somthing and forgotten (on the way up what it was i was after) so ran back downstairs , and remembered, so back upstairs, and forgotten AGAIN I actually was laughing, so much i gave up on this mission, and had a beer steve

altitude does that for me too

RK - 3/7/12 at 02:24 AM

The doctor gave me memory pills. I kept forgetting to take them.

HAL 1 - 3/7/12 at 07:27 AM

I was at the doctors about something when i mentioned that i was having trouble remembering things, he asked "when did you first notice this ?"
I said " i can't remember "

the look on his face was priceless

Xtreme Kermit - 3/7/12 at 04:24 PM

I remember this thread....

SteveWalker - 3/7/12 at 05:46 PM

My wife works in mental health and had to point out the management's lack of thought to them when they suggested automatically discharging patients who forgot twice to turn up for their appointments to ...... the memory clinic!

SteveW

trextr7monkey - 6/7/12 at 10:10 AM

One of the joys of teaching is that every so often you witness true comedy -
I was supervising a scribe for a lad doing an A level Psychology exam.
Question 1 was something along the lines of "describe a technique for improving the ability to remember things",
clearly expecting Pnemenomics or something similar;
response fromthe dude:
"I think I know this but I can't remember it!
I had to go and look out of the window as I was pi***ng myself

atb Mike
ps Do you want a cup of tea?

pps Did I offer you a cup of tea?>

do you want a cup of tea?

Mr Whippy - 6/7/12 at 10:42 AM

I hate keys, I loose them all the time

Wife got me a beeping key ring so I could find them but the dogs didn't like the beeping noise so they chewed it to bits

I did once manage to forget where my passport was and threw it in the bin with my old bike jacket, prob was when I did find out it was as we were packing for our honeymoon! , I was not too popular. Big thanks to the Edinburgh passport place for saving the day, I am banned from the passports now...

[Edited on 6/7/12 by Mr Whippy]

James - 6/7/12 at 11:10 AM

Having bought some food using my card I went to the station and either I was late (me? ) or the machine didn't work so I got straight on the train.

Went straight to the guard to ask for a ticket... and couldn't remember pin! HE was pretty good and let me have a think for 30mins or so but I couldn't remember it and probably had locked it out by then. I managed to convince a friend to meet me at Waterloo with a valid ticket and pass it over the barrier to me so I didn't get a fine.

Have never remembered it since!

I was only 33 at the time!

James

steve m - 6/7/12 at 11:25 AM

James

Your only about 33 NOW!

ive got 19 years on you

vanepico - 6/7/12 at 12:04 PM

I wish I was as good at making jokes as you guys

Macbeast - 6/7/12 at 01:50 PM

I have to make up about 50 DVD sleeves. The background printed artwork will probably be mainly very dark or black. This is going to be very heavy on the black ink so I had a brainwave.
I was halfway out the door to go and buy black paper when I realised ..........

trextr7monkey - 6/7/12 at 02:17 PM

Do you want a cup of tea? :d

spiderman - 6/7/12 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by trextr7monkey
Do you want a cup of tea? :d

......do you take sugar in your coffee?