Board logo

Vicfibretech
robertst - 7/6/10 at 07:07 PM

Hi,

first of all... its been a long while since i have posted here... i just cant seem to be able to mix work with the build (i really dont know how some of u do it )

but anyway, i am preparing to continue my build for this coming august and i'm at the bodywork stage..

right now i have almost all the parts except the nosecone and front wings, and the nosecone is proving to be exceptionally difficult to source.

A thorough search (involving a couple of hours on the net) has led me to this website http://vicfibretech.co.uk/NoseCones.aspx

does anyone know them (or him)? i have read different experiences from places like greatbritishsportscars or m-88.co.uk and pretty much all were bad reviews. so pretty much this is the only option i have found that supplies a decent (by the look of the photos) nosecone and that is willing to ship it to spain...

i'm bordering on desperate for a nosecone right now

thanks..

[Edited on 7/6/10 by robertst]

NigeEss - 7/6/10 at 07:42 PM

The problem is the packed size as cones are quite big.
I've just done a quick search and nearly £100 to ship

Is there particular cone you would rather have ?
I'd be willing to forward it on if you buy one and have it delivered to me first, but it wouldn't work out "Locost"

snapper - 7/6/10 at 07:54 PM

Does the +4 description of your build refer to the McSorely plans?
Are you looking for a wider nose? or will a standard one fit?
Triton does fiberglass and if you specify a thick he'll coat then if you are not totally happy with the Finnish then a bit of work with wet & dry will give you a mirror Finnish

dlatch - 7/6/10 at 08:15 PM

no idea if the nosecone will fit your chassis (there are dimensions listed on the website so i would measure up. but i can vouch for the quality of their stuff i have a set of front cycle wings from them and the quality is superb very well made indeed.

big-vee-twin - 7/6/10 at 08:39 PM

U2U sent

robertst - 8/6/10 at 07:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by snapper
Does the +4 description of your build refer to the McSorely plans?
Are you looking for a wider nose? or will a standard one fit?
Triton does fiberglass and if you specify a thick he'll coat then if you are not totally happy with the Finnish then a bit of work with wet & dry will give you a mirror Finnish

Triton made my rear arches and scuttle, and i am really impressed with the quality and the service was perfect. however, i didn't order the nosecone as i thought it was too much like the MK nosecone, and i'm looking for a more "book/caterham" nosecone like the one on Vicfibretech.

the +4 is indeed from the mcsorley plans, and i would need a wider nosecone, or i could extend one, but i'd like to keep the fiberglass work to a minimum. (i already have to modify the scuttle to fit the chassis)

Shipping will be expensive, but i was thinking it has more to do with size, not weight? anyway, it's my only option.

so has anyone dealt with Vicfibretech?

thanks

p.s. big_vee_twin: cheers for your U2U, i'll get back to you asap (im at work now....bummer)

ZEN - 21/6/10 at 02:26 PM

I have a nose cone from Vicfibretech. It seams pretty well made.
When tried to fit it to the standard book width chassis it seams OK in width but a few inches short in height.

JasonGT - 22/8/10 at 04:28 PM

I recently purchased a nose cone, rear arches and cycle wings from Vicfibretech for my locost and the fit was perfect. Excellent quality, finished in super black gelcoat - I would definitely recommend the products to other builders out there.

After visiting the kit car show in Exeter last year, I was worried I wouldnt find the quality of GRP that I wanted, nose cones in particular hard to source. After reading about Vicfibretech I contacted them and I found the guy to be very helpful and he produced me a set to my specifications and was impressed by the service.

david_hornet27 - 24/4/11 at 07:31 AM

I have recently bought some cycle wings from Vicfibretech and was very happy with the quality and service. Nice and solid with a great gelcoat finish. Communication was great too, I needed them in a hurry and I received them well packaged and on time. Would recommend!