Board logo

Panel Beating
cadebytiger - 28/2/11 at 11:00 PM

Evening all

My Dad is keen to try some panel beating on his old Ford Pop which has been a hotrod project for lets say a little while. He has a birthday coming up and I was thinking about getting him a set.

Are these worth the money? Or would he be better off with something a bit less PRO..

Link

Thanks again all

Rupert

imp paul - 28/2/11 at 11:10 PM

i think he would love them mate very nice bit of kit or you could get blue point set but the price mite be a little ugly lol

Chippy - 28/2/11 at 11:36 PM

Exact set I have, good quality, and more than useful. Tip! keep the dollies well oiled, I found that they rust just looking at them, my workshop is a bit on the damp side, :-) HTH Ray

steve m - 1/3/11 at 02:32 AM

i bought this set, and fo the money were excellent for "hobby" use on present cat c writeoff

7PC CAR BODY AUTO REPAIR FENDER PANEL BEATING TOOL KIT on eBay (end time 01-Mar-11 16:30:34 GMT)

2cv - 1/3/11 at 07:40 AM

Sykes Pickavant tools are among the best you can get and would be a really nice present; durable and very long lasting.

David Gardiner has produced an excellent DVD on panel beating and vehicle restoration. In it, he uses only hand tools to produce some amazing results.

linky

mad-butcher - 1/3/11 at 08:21 AM

I bought one of the cheapo ebay sets years ago at one of the shows, cheap and cheerfull but do the job, then just upgraded the hammers to the ones to the ones I used most