Board logo

Bonnet Stripes or Not?
J-Tomo - 3/4/13 at 06:21 PM

I am buying a yellow Westfield which is currently all yellow except for the clack spots, winow surround and weather gear. Been considering whether or not to put bonnet sripes on the car, and/or side stripes. Has anyone done this on a yellow Westfield or have any photo's of any westfield that has this?

What colour option, black on yellow, or orange on yellow?

Any thoughts, or best left as the yellow belly?

sdh2903 - 3/4/13 at 06:33 PM

For me yes, it's too bland as it is, black on yellow always looks great.

V nice car by the way

theduck - 3/4/13 at 06:37 PM

Definitely needs something.

maccmike - 3/4/13 at 06:42 PM

needs something but not stripes

J-Tomo - 3/4/13 at 06:45 PM

What something?

sdh2903 - 3/4/13 at 06:57 PM

black/carbon cycle wings?

Westy1994 - 3/4/13 at 07:07 PM

If you do use something use black.

There are loads of things you can do, my car is black so no point showing what I have, but the WF logo, or the twin sidestipes are all available ( from Ebay not WF lot cheaper, sorry WF but you are too expensive)

Nice car BTW, welcome to LC builders.

J-Tomo - 3/4/13 at 07:21 PM

You mean these?

side stripes fits Westfield | eBay

side stripes style 2 fits Westfield | eBay

[Edited on 3/4/13 by J-Tomo]

Westy1994 - 3/4/13 at 07:28 PM

Yes, you can ask the company to redesign them (If they will) the company I used were happy to modify the design. It wasn't either of those links though, pretty sure mine were cheaper than that, not by much mind. The WF logo can be made as well and sized to suit your needs.

gremlin1234 - 3/4/13 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by J-Tomo
What colour option, black on yellow, or orange on yellow?

silver might work

Custardpants - 3/4/13 at 07:57 PM

Wasn't sure how mine was going to turn out but if it gives you any ideas?

J-Tomo - 3/4/13 at 08:06 PM

Liking that!

Westy1994 - 3/4/13 at 08:27 PM

@ J-Tomo

U2U sent mate

puma931 - 3/4/13 at 09:56 PM

I am thinking of red stripes on mine

tango man - 4/4/13 at 07:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903 i would go with carbon cycle wings as well
black/carbon cycle wings?

Zagato - 4/4/13 at 07:56 AM

Needs tasteful bonnet and side stripes - probably black, needs a bit of photoshopping!

Check out the latest gallery pics

[Edited on 4/4/13 by Zagato]

loggyboy - 4/4/13 at 08:09 AM

Something like this?

WestfieldStripes
WestfieldStripes

Or 'traditional' viper stripes:

WestfieldStripes1
WestfieldStripes1

J-Tomo - 4/4/13 at 10:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Something like this?

WestfieldStripes
WestfieldStripes

Or 'traditional' viper stripes:

WestfieldStripes1
WestfieldStripes1

Wow, thank you so much that is just great to visualise. If not too much trouble, can you do one with a viper offset, one thicker line and one small line on one side of the car bonnet?

Thank you so much.......you must share how you do this.

DarrenW - 4/4/13 at 10:11 AM

You could always get yourself a couple of metres of black vinyl and make yourself some tiger type stripes.

I bet that car will attract flies etc when parked up in summer. Looks like a very nice car. Good thing about using vinyl is if you dont like it you can remove. Hence trying some DIY stuff first and then maybe get a pro shop to do it better when you have the concept you want.

J-Tomo - 4/4/13 at 10:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
You could always get yourself a couple of metres of black vinyl and make yourself some tiger type stripes.

I bet that car will attract flies etc when parked up in summer. Looks like a very nice car. Good thing about using vinyl is if you dont like it you can remove. Hence trying some DIY stuff first and then maybe get a pro shop to do it better when you have the concept you want.

I have ordered 8m of 100mm stripes and 10m of 12mm stripes, all lack vinyl. Will give it a go, cost £20 delivered so no major loss if its a disaster. Have been thinking perhaps an offset stripe on the bonnet? Side stripes maybe, but do not want to go over the top. Loving the photoshop images.

loggyboy - 4/4/13 at 10:43 AM

quote:
Wow, thank you so much that is just great to visualise. If not too much trouble, can you do one with a viper offset, one thicker line and one small line on one side of the car bonnet?

Just lots of practice using Paintshop Pro.

WestfieldStripes2
WestfieldStripes2

And maybe black wheels?

WestfieldStripes3
WestfieldStripes3

J-Tomo - 4/4/13 at 11:22 AM

quote:
quote:

WestfieldStripes2
WestfieldStripes2

And maybe black wheels?

WestfieldStripes3
WestfieldStripes3

Thank you, I am quite liking the offset!

J-Tomo - 4/4/13 at 01:27 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

WestfieldStripes2
WestfieldStripes2

And maybe black wheels?

WestfieldStripes3
WestfieldStripes3

Thank you, I am quite liking the offset!

So what's the general opinion????? Love to know what you all think.

Westy1994 - 4/4/13 at 01:34 PM

I assume you are unable to read U2U's for some reason, anyway here is what I sent you.

Hi there, drop this guy a line and ask him what he can do, his email is

mark@funkygraphics.co.uk

He charged me £20 for the stripes ( both sides) and £9.50 for a logo that is big enough to fill the spare wheel area ( you might not need one there, but you could get a smaller one for the bonnet...)

J-Tomo - 4/4/13 at 01:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Westy1994
I assume you are unable to read U2U's for some reason, anyway here is what I sent you.

Hi there, drop this guy a line and ask him what he can do, his email is

mark@funkygraphics.co.uk

He charged me £20 for the stripes ( both sides) and £9.50 for a logo that is big enough to fill the spare wheel area ( you might not need one there, but you could get a smaller one for the bonnet...)

Thank you. New to the forum so still working out how it all works! Been really impressed by everyone's useful input and comments, so thanks to all.

I have ordered a 100mm wide roll of black vinyl, 8m of it to allow for all my mistakes and a 10m roll of 12mm wide vinyl, so hopefully will be able to do something with that!? At some point I may also add the Westfield side strips!?

aardvark101 - 13/4/13 at 04:56 PM

Im thinking of vinyl stripes for my ride, the guy im going to use says there two types of vinyl one thats good for a few years and can be removed quite easily, and the other kind that's on for life

beaver34 - 13/4/13 at 05:35 PM

Looks nice,

When you had done the Stripes maybe some rear wheel spacers or some nice new black wheels that fill those Archs more?

tul214 - 13/4/13 at 05:54 PM

There is good site here that allows you to try different colours and stripes......it may help?

Slimy38 - 13/4/13 at 06:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aardvark101
Im thinking of vinyl stripes for my ride, the guy im going to use says there two types of vinyl one thats good for a few years and can be removed quite easily, and the other kind that's on for life

It's difficult to be that specific. The temporary stuff still has the potential to tear the gelcoat off, and the permanent stuff does come off quite easily with a hairdryer and a bit of patience.

The biggest difference in vinyls are their ability to go round compound curves, the nose of a seven being the most obvious candidate.

Davey D - 13/4/13 at 09:29 PM

These are the stripes on my yellow VortX. Ive always liked the Nismo S-tune stripes, so that is where it took the idea from