Board logo

Alloy fuel tank fabrication
ianm67 - 2/10/13 at 11:15 AM

Anybody on this fabulous forum who can recommend a company who can fabricate a fuel tank for my Dax Rush? The Dax item is hideously expensive and I want one with an integral baffled sump for the fuel outlet to supply from.
Thanks in advance,
IanM

Browny - 2/10/13 at 11:43 AM

Mk engineering are really good, they have made lots of tanks for me and one offs are their speciality. Good prices too.

http://www.mkengineering.co.uk/aluminiumfabrication.htm

[Edited on 2/10/13 by Browny]

Ben_Copeland - 2/10/13 at 11:48 AM

Alloy racing fabrications, you won't get better. Welding was spot on and get service.

Paul AS - 2/10/13 at 12:05 PM

Bryn at Allyfab in Chesterfield did mine. Great bloke - massive scale railway stuff in his garage with lots of engineering toys to play with. £220 all up including delivery. He worked from a polystyrene buck I made, baffled it etc.etc. and it was perfect!

rdodger - 2/10/13 at 12:07 PM

+1 for Bryn!

ianm67 - 2/10/13 at 01:03 PM

Thanks chaps,
I shall get some emails sent out and see what responses I get!

omega0684 - 2/10/13 at 03:57 PM

i have one sat in the conservatory i want rid of

ianm67 - 2/10/13 at 04:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
i have one sat in the conservatory i want rid of

Oh do you now..... How much would you like for it and do you have any pictures?

boober - 5/10/13 at 08:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ianm67
Anybody on this fabulous forum who can recommend a company who can fabricate a fuel tank for my Dax Rush? The Dax item is hideously expensive and I want one with an integral baffled sump for the fuel outlet to supply from.
Thanks in advance,
IanM

hello,ian i will quote to do the tank for you if you can give me some more information.

Mr Whippy - 6/10/13 at 12:31 AM

I'm a bit sceptical on the strength of an aluminium tank tbh especially for puncture resistance and would always opt for stainless instead. It's just too risky IMO

The Black Flash - 7/10/13 at 10:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rdodger
+1 for Bryn!

Yep, he did mine for the Rush, a quality job and great to deal with.

iank - 7/10/13 at 10:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
I'm a bit sceptical on the strength of an aluminium tank tbh especially for puncture resistance and would always opt for stainless instead. It's just too risky IMO

What do you do in your tin-top? Plastic tanks are the norm these days.