Board logo

filler cap position
nick-york - 27/10/13 at 06:54 PM

I've decided to have my filler cap on the back of the locost rather than on the top . For two reasons. Firstly it would make it possible to make the boot lid in one section rather than having to make a separate section for the filler cap to be mounted. Secondly doing it this way would be .quicker and easier. I've heard on here that people tend to prefer a filler cap on the top. Is it just a case of personal preference or is there more to it than that ? Opinions needed please . Cheers .

theprisioner - 27/10/13 at 07:08 PM

All factory built Westfields that I know of have fillers on the rear!

adithorp - 27/10/13 at 07:13 PM

Fillers on the back can be a pig to fill at the pump. Often air-locking and spitting back, due to the bend in the filler pipe. I've yet to hear of anyone with a filler on the top having the same problem.

pif - 27/10/13 at 07:18 PM

I have both, a rear one for when I have the back loaded up and a "top filler" under the rear panel for day to day fast filling.

The rear one is difficult due to pipe bend, slow to fill and spits back.

I have no pictures but will get soon.

Pif

jacko - 27/10/13 at 07:23 PM

35l fuel tank over diff
35l fuel tank over diff

Here is mine i just remove the lid to get to the filler easy
Jacko

40inches - 27/10/13 at 08:09 PM

I have mine on the top, no problems filling and not intrusive in the boot.
DiNoc 3
DiNoc 3
Description
Description

I had a 2B with the filler on the back, and it took ages to fill.

Smoking Frog - 28/10/13 at 09:52 AM

Mines on the top, it just makes sense to me. It's positioned directly above the tank inlet. With a bit of thought it may possible to make to lid in two pieces
Boot
Boot

Not Anumber - 28/10/13 at 12:44 PM

Mine is on the rear panel. Its never been any trouble at the pumps so long as i take it fairly easy.

nick-york - 30/10/13 at 10:13 PM

Thanks for all your opinions ! Much appreciated