Board logo

My wheels...What do you guys think :)
furryeggs - 22/6/16 at 08:11 AM

I've settled on my colour choice (just need to order the bodywork from Tiger). I have started with my wheels as it's the easiest thing to do and the cheapest.

[img][/img]

Have I gone to far?

Irony - 22/6/16 at 08:19 AM

Very personal choice and I reckon you will get some people that don't like them. Personally I like them.

It's not white correction fluid though is it?

furryeggs - 22/6/16 at 08:42 AM

Nope, the finest viatnamese oil based tyre paint pen courtesy of ebay, orange and white with some Rimblades fitted. I saw the MEV at stoneliegh that had a similar look wheel, but in green.

CosKev3 - 22/6/16 at 02:48 PM

Colour of alloys and the tyre rim look great

But white tyre writing,not so great

Matt21 - 22/6/16 at 03:11 PM

If you follow on with the 'race car' look on the rest of the car it'll work!

SausageArm - 22/6/16 at 04:00 PM

I love the white lettering, the only range rim looks good too.

TimC - 22/6/16 at 04:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Irony
Very personal choice and I reckon you will get some people that don't like them.

Hi.

However, not many folk would choose brown wheels and it'd be so dull if we all liked the same things. As long as you like them then that's all that matters.

SALAD - 22/6/16 at 07:31 PM

I like it

perksy - 22/6/16 at 08:06 PM

Alloys and Tyre type fine

White lettering, better suited on a chav nova or corsa

Sorry, but you did ask

Tis your car though

ianm67 - 22/6/16 at 08:23 PM

White lettering is a tad too much IMHO. Far too 70's to have any street cred......

Adamirish - 22/6/16 at 08:38 PM

Is it wrong that I like the tyre paint? I have heard it doesn't last long though. I was going to do it myself but they may look crap after half of the white has come off.

gaz_gaz - 22/6/16 at 08:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Adamirish
Is it wrong that I like the tyre paint? I have heard it doesn't last long though. I was going to do it myself but they may look crap after half of the white has come off.

Buy yourself a white grout pen from BnQ... lasts loads longer than standard tyre pen!!

Adamirish - 22/6/16 at 08:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gaz_gaz
quote:
Originally posted by Adamirish

Buy yourself a white grout pen from BnQ... lasts loads longer than standard tyre pen!!

Great idea! I may give that a try. Cheers for the tip!

ash_hammond - 23/6/16 at 12:00 PM

What do you have... a three wheeler? :-)

furryeggs - 23/6/16 at 03:00 PM

The other wheel is on the floor behind them. I havent got round to doing that one yet.

Daf - 23/6/16 at 03:56 PM

I love the look

blakep82 - 23/6/16 at 05:49 PM

I love white letters on tyres