Board logo

indy R1 nose cone
kev R1 - 4/4/06 at 06:09 PM

right so the nose is in place and i can see perfectly how to bolt into place where it meets the top chassis rail, just wondering how people go about fastening at the bottom( behind where number plate eoould go!) if at all, your thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated,cheers, kev. oh and a couple of pics wouldn't go a miss!!! Rescued attachment nose 1.JPG
Rescued attachment nose 1.JPG

mandbsheldon - 4/4/06 at 06:15 PM

Kev,
Mine has a ally plate bolted under the bottom of the front chassis rails. It then turns up at the front, just enough to bolt the bottom of the nose cone to. Sorry no pics
Car looks great by the way!

theconrodkid - 4/4/06 at 06:17 PM

mine was "fully floating" at the bottom,no probs.
btw,nice looking car,what mirrors are they and any more pics of them?

ned - 4/4/06 at 06:19 PM

they look like long stem yamaha bike (r1?) mirrors to me jon

kev R1 - 4/4/06 at 06:20 PM

they are r1 mirrors i believe! thanks for feedback, have you had it at serious speeds with a fully floating bottom cheers,kev

theconrodkid - 4/4/06 at 06:24 PM

mine were both an interference fit as it were,it wont go anywhere

kev R1 - 4/4/06 at 06:29 PM

only pics i've really got with mirrors in them, Rescued attachment mirrors 1.JPG
Rescued attachment mirrors 1.JPG

kev R1 - 4/4/06 at 06:29 PM

Rescued attachment april 1.JPG
Rescued attachment april 1.JPG

theconrodkid - 4/4/06 at 06:36 PM

cheers mate,maybe sp3 would look better in yellow/black?????

fesycresy - 4/4/06 at 06:52 PM

Where did you get the mirrors from ?

olv - 4/4/06 at 07:06 PM

you've forgotten to put on a steering wheel

looks great though. sva ready nearly?

Guinness - 4/4/06 at 07:06 PM

Here is how I fixed the bottom of my nose cone. Hopefully you can see two zinc plated hinges, riveted to the underside of the chassis rail and then bolted to the return on the nose cone. The top is bolted down into the top of the chassis rails.

Hinge Indy Nose
Hinge Indy Nose

Hope that helps.

Mike

Nice Mirrors BTW!!!

kev R1 - 4/4/06 at 08:49 PM

thanks for the help, nearly sva ready now just want to get it totally finished before i take it, thanks again,kev

mike smith1 - 5/4/06 at 08:16 AM

I hinged mine as well, i used slightly different hinges but same principle, cant post picture on here coz it wont work lol

but there is a pic in my archive

P.s Looking good!

Mike

Hellfire - 5/4/06 at 11:47 AM

This picture shows the first stage of how we fitted the nosecone. The second stage was to cut the aluminium just before it meets the GRP and fit a piano hinge (unfortunately no picture)

kev R1 - 5/4/06 at 05:21 PM

cheers guys.kev