Board logo

Locost Rebody Design
FUORISERIE - 2/1/08 at 02:34 PM

A few years ago I did these design sketches , for a full body locost chassis.

It never came through, but maybe someone might want to take it up, and do something similar ?

Cheers

Italo

[Edited on 2/1/08 by FUORISERIE]

donut - 2/1/08 at 02:37 PM

Nice!!!!!

I wish someone did a full body for the Indy chassis.....that's not as expensive as the AGM, WLR.

nick205 - 2/1/08 at 02:47 PM

That looks quite tidy IMHO.

Andy - rather than scratch about building another car over 5 years, get yourself busy making some moulds for a new body. Could be time well spent and a very saleable product at the end of it

FUORISERIE - 2/1/08 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by donut
Nice!!!!!

I wish someone did a full body for the Indy chassis.....that's not as expensive as the AGM, WLR.

I do agree with you.......I did use some Indy overlay images.......

FUORISERIE - 2/1/08 at 02:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
That looks quite tidy IMHO.

Could be time well spent and a very saleable product at the end of it

that was my thought for this project more than 2yrs ago...now maybe the time is right

speedyxjs - 2/1/08 at 04:45 PM

OMG thats beautiful

FUORISERIE - 2/1/08 at 06:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs

OMG thats beautiful

FUORISERIE - 3/1/08 at 10:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dale
That is one of the nicer layouts- I quite like the second view. I quite like the way you vented out behind the front wheel. That is something I have been strugling with for quite some time with my front.

Even where you put the tilt front at half high on the fender line is where I have it marked out on my rough buck (simillar to the way the vette is done.
Nicely done.
Dale

Thanks Dale

iank - 3/1/08 at 01:37 PM

A company called HRB Automotive had a stand at Exeter with a full body for a locost or other similar chassis called the Mulsanne. I'd expect it to fit an indy chassis if they have any sense.

They are/were planning for it to cost around £2500
Their website isn't working yet (http://www.hrb-automotive.co.uk 07707 289667 or 07745 424758 are the details printed in the Jan08 Complete Kitcar)

There is a photo at the bottom of page 10. It's the issue where Razman gets their car of the year award so you might already have it.

FUORISERIE - 17/5/08 at 08:59 PM

[Edited on 18/5/08 by FUORISERIE]

ettore bugatti - 22/5/08 at 09:12 PM

Back online

http://www.hrb-automotive.co.uk/assets/images/Mulsanne_1.JPG

FUORISERIE - 19/1/09 at 09:14 PM

A few more rough sketches, with a retro design flavour, inspired by the old Lola Mk1 .....

FUORISERIE - 19/1/09 at 09:16 PM

a rear sketch......