Board logo

new toy
road warrior - 27/11/09 at 11:59 AM

Here are a few quick pics of a recently completed Vortx. It is running an '07 R1 with full electronic paddle shift.

My camera is acting up so the pics are not the best I'm afraid.

eddie99 - 27/11/09 at 12:00 PM

wow awesome, same colours as mine will be

nick205 - 27/11/09 at 12:08 PM

looks stunning

I love the simple dash arrangement and the very tidy engine bay.

Jaysun370 - 27/11/09 at 01:01 PM

That looks really nice!

Just put in an order for a Vortx RT inboard and was thinking that white/black would be a good combo.

I think your pictures may have swung it for me

Fozzie - 27/11/09 at 01:04 PM

Very nice....

Also like the engine bay......(I am a bit obsessive about nice neat engine bays, in case no one has guessed )......lovely!

Fozzie

vinny1275 - 27/11/09 at 01:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jaysun370
That looks really nice!

Just put in an order for a Vortx RT inboard and was thinking that white/black would be a good combo.

Don't forget they have sunshine in Oz tho.....

Jaysun370 - 27/11/09 at 01:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vinny1275
quote:
Originally posted by Jaysun370
That looks really nice!

Don't forget they have sunshine in Oz tho.....

LOL

Good point, but i still really like it

Danozeman - 27/11/09 at 04:14 PM

Very nice but in pic 2 it is so tidy you forgot to put the engine in

Gergely - 27/11/09 at 07:27 PM

Nice one Sonja!
The bonnet bulge in reverse is to get rid of the hot air I guess?
And please explain how you fit the bonnet - o catches, but a central hole on the scuttle... what keeps the bonnet in place on all sides?
Are you going to race it as well?

One more thing: What electronic shifter ara you using and what is your experience? We are planning to install a quickshifter soon.

Thanks!

Gergely

[Edited on 27/11/09 by Gergely]

roadrunner - 27/11/09 at 07:55 PM

I really do like that new nose.
Oh, very tidy car by the way.

Henrik H - 27/11/09 at 08:41 PM

Is the top of the airbox "homemade" or is it something that is for sale some where?

stuart_g - 27/11/09 at 09:47 PM

Very nice, credit to the builder/s

I would guess the bonnet is held on with Dzus fasteners in each corner. You can see one inside the nose Very good idea

road warrior - 28/11/09 at 12:06 AM

Hi Guys

Thanks for the kind words.

The '07 engine has the moveable air rams so the airbox pokes through the bonnet a bit about the same as maximill666's turbo airbox. The scoop is just a cover so I thought I'd turn it around to get the underbonnet air out. I still need to put some side vents on. The engine temp is fine but we do get very hot days here. It was about 35 degrees when we ran it last week.

The shifter is a translogic powershifter. It is a really nice bit of kit and very easy to work with. It is the first time I have used one but so far it seems very good indeed.

The paddles are off a Subaru road car so a bit cheaper than some of the aftermarket options. They also allow fitment around the Momo boss which is handy.

The airbox was custom made by moulding off the standard base to a handmade plug. It took a few goes to get the height correct so it still needs some final touches.

I still have your email Henrik so I'll take some closer pics for you as you are building an MNR with this engine.

The bonnet is held on with Dzus fasteners and the nose with slide clips.

p.s. Gergely I sent you an email to see how your engine idle was going. Seems your on holidays. Alright for some

Cheers
Sonja

[Edited on 28/11/09 by road warrior]

tul214 - 28/11/09 at 08:08 AM

Sonja,

Your car looks fantastic but imagine if there is a fire in the engine bay. The flames will be directed straight into your face with the scoop that way.

Just a thought?

Mark

G.Man - 28/11/09 at 02:49 PM

Lovely looking build

GeoffMM - 28/11/09 at 10:27 PM

Looks fantastic and a big well done on the cleanliness of the install.

Would love to see more detailed pics.

RK - 29/11/09 at 01:47 PM

Perfect. Couldn't have a nicer looking car.