Board logo

donor stripped do i sorn or scrap?
Daz Ball - 28/11/16 at 07:10 PM

Hi all im new to the kit car game and just about to order my kit, mx5 donor is stripped but im unsure what to do with the doc's Id etc do i send off as sorn or do i just scap? Do need doc's vin that sort of thing. Any help would be appreciated and thanks hopefully for you help

Slimy38 - 28/11/16 at 07:19 PM

Declare it as SORN, keep the paperwork and the identifying marks on the chassis (VIN plate etc), weigh in the rest as metal. Don't scrap it as you'll lose the registration number and you'll end up with a Q plate.

Unless you want a Q plate in which case just scrap it.

Daz Ball - 28/11/16 at 07:35 PM

Thanks for that, i want the reg as its an 03. so I've got vin plate, dash plate and bulkhead vin has the car got anymore?

gremlin1234 - 28/11/16 at 08:04 PM

make sure you get a receipt for the scrap metal, (note metal not car) so you can show it has been disposed of responsibly.

snapper - 28/11/16 at 08:06 PM

If you can find the stamped chassis number cut that out as well

monkeyarms - 30/11/16 at 07:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
Declare it as SORN, keep the paperwork and the identifying marks on the chassis (VIN plate etc), weigh in the rest as metal. Don't scrap it as you'll lose the registration number and you'll end up with a Q plate.

Unless you want a Q plate in which case just scrap it.

This is incorrect.
I scrapped my donor, copied the V5 for kit registration and got a age related plate.

You get a Q if you can't prove the age of the donor. (or dont want to, but thats a different matter)