Board logo

MNR wind deflector
smart51 - 17/2/06 at 10:57 AM

Has anyone got MNR's wind deflector fitted on their car? How much difference does it make? In a little experiment putting my hand on top of the scuttle, I have to get the top of my hand level with my eye to deflect most of the wind over my head. I was wondering how effective the real thing is.

Richard Y - 17/2/06 at 11:03 AM

hmm when i spoke to chris about there add on wind deflector he said it was ideal for the "taller Person" something that i am and i was considering the product

smart51 - 17/2/06 at 11:27 AM

I am not the taller person and I was worried that it might restrict my vision. Now that my car is on the road, there is a lot of bonnet / cycle wing visible above the scuttle and so there is room for a deflector without blocking out any view of the tarmac. I'm only interested if it keep enough wind out of my face to just wear shades in the summer rather than a helmet.

amalyos - 17/2/06 at 11:34 AM

I went out in Andy D (Rizla) car with the wind deflector, and I found it very worthwhile, but I am 6'2". There was no vision issues, and the wind just ruffled my hair (what here is left)
So I have one to fit

Steve.

smart51 - 17/2/06 at 12:21 PM

How do they fit to the car? Bolts? Glue?

andy d (rizla) - 18/2/06 at 12:08 AM

i bolted the centre mirror through the wind deflecter and the scuttle and used 1 black pop rivet at each end and a small amount of blak mastic Rescued attachment wind1.jpg
Rescued attachment wind1.jpg

G.Man - 18/2/06 at 08:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by smart51
How do they fit to the car? Bolts? Glue?

I used some foam tape to protect the mating surfaces then attached it using the mirror bolts all around...

That way it can be removed and replaced by the upcoming windscreen..