Board logo

sva retest today
Dillinger1977 - 27/6/07 at 04:55 PM

2nd attempt at SVA today!

wasnt feeling too happy about it since i'd failed 2 mot emissiosn tests on saturday, but decided to just go for it and cross a few things off my list.

1st test (might as well have got it out the way first) was emissions..
basically went through on FIRST ATTEMPT!
new cat was superb, did a great job. And my high lambda was cured with liberal application of fire weld around the outside of the exhaust headers. Its now borderline too low so I guess its running a bit rich!

a few extra bits and bobs were crossed off in 5 mins and then it was time for a new noise test (had to do it again since exhaust was modified)
now up from 97 to 101 which is borderline but got away with it.

last test, self centering.. I'd taken the negative camber out, and put a tiny bit of toe out on it. I'd tried increasing tyre pressure on the way to the SVA but it felt a bit wierd. very light, and a bit skittish so i deflated them again before I got there and it seemed to do the trick! another pass!

SO ITS A PROPER PASS!

it felt great, lots of dancing!

only slightly marred by stopping at DVLA en route home to hand documents over, and being told they couldnt inpect it then, and will have to organise an inspection at a later date... bugger!

and then marred again by being pulled my the plod (again!) for driving without plates... GAH!

so.. inspection, and then hopefully registration!

i must say, with the new dynojet needles in it goes like the clappers! much more impressed this time!!

locoR1 - 27/6/07 at 05:19 PM

Wahoooooooo!
Well done

scoey m - 27/6/07 at 05:39 PM

Well done sir

Martin

smart51 - 27/6/07 at 05:41 PM

Well done and about time.

I seem to recall you getting your kit a week before me yet its taken 18 months to get an SVA. I hope it made the success all the more sweet.

Get some number plates and enjoy the summer weather (if we get any)

well done.

Agriv8 - 27/6/07 at 07:20 PM

Well done rog .

got there in the end.

Regards agriv8

chockymonster - 27/6/07 at 08:05 PM

Nice one Rog.
Good result in the end

nick205 - 27/6/07 at 08:28 PM

Excellent feeling isn't it?

Now get ya plates and go for a run up on the A56 (Snake Pass)

marc n - 27/6/07 at 08:51 PM

well done rog
another on the road
have fun

best regards

marc

coozer - 27/6/07 at 09:52 PM

Well done that man. might get some more done on mine if it warms up a bit and I can be bothered, which I cant at the moment!

RichieC - 30/6/07 at 06:37 PM

Well done Rog, enjoy

Rich