Board logo

Rover v8 loom
Arthur T - 4/4/10 at 10:34 AM

so i have got my self a Rover V8 and a loom
but finding it hard to work out what wires go where anyone got the wiring loom diagram of some phots of the loom with info?

Paul (Notts) - 4/4/10 at 11:06 AM

Is it a Carb or efi engine.

If EFI what type.

Paul

mark chandler - 4/4/10 at 01:13 PM

If its an EFI loom you have two sorts you can use, flappy box or MAFF on earlier engines.

If its a later GEMS or THOR system from a P38 rangerover forget it as these are tied into the cars BECM and security stuff.

Assuming its an earlier one:

You just need to position and see how it falls on the engine, mostly will be self explanatory.

You then get a fat bunch of wires that go through the bulkhead with a big grommet, mid way along this is a plug with around 5 wires within it, the loom carries on to a few relays and the EFI multipin plug.

All you need to do once plugged up is provide permanent power, switched power and an earth to the middle plug with 5 wires, not all are needed!

The ECU does not have a crank sensor, it just tosses in fuel with RPM, there will be a wire up front that goes towards the coil that picks this up.

Regards Mark

Big Stu - 4/4/10 at 06:58 PM

This Link shows the diagram for a 3.9 efi 1984 onwards. This was for the flapper type airflow meter. and this one is for the mass air flow meter.

Arthur T - 4/4/10 at 07:25 PM

thanks guy's

its a hot wire type, i believe its from a 3.9 but the bloke who sold it wo me was a WAN*ER
as the engine was meant to be a 3.9 and i have now found out that its a 3.5 so hoping it still fits.

i will take some pics and add them as i am still a tad lost with the wires that enter inside the kit car.

mark chandler - 5/4/10 at 12:23 PM

Early discoveries had 3.5 with hotwire, the loom etc is all the same.

Just grab the bit of loom with the big olug on and work towards the engine side, a couple of foot in you will find the small multiplug as I described above, this and the EFI live within, everything else is engine bay.

Regards Mark