Board logo

premier loom + savage fog and horn switch help
AndyW - 23/2/12 at 10:17 PM

Evening all,

I need a bit of help! I'm trying to wire in the savage switches for the fog and horn using premier loom.
I'm totally confuddled. My horn wiring has 2 wires, red/yellow and brown (earth)
My fog has 4 wires, 2 brown/black 1 brown and 1 slate/yellow.

Has anyone wired savage switches to a premier loom and if so can you offer a little help so I can get both
to work and illuminate correctly. Also do the fogs have to work on side and dipped or dipped only.

Help please!!!

Thanks

Andy

big-vee-twin - 24/2/12 at 08:00 AM

Andy there are two ways of wiring the horn, to a switch and to the centre button on steering wheel, you have to configure the loom accordingly.

The fog light switch has two wires for the switch and two wires for the warning light.

If you haven't got the premier instructions, I can send them to you if you U2U me your email.

I think you use the two red/yellow for a switch like you have and place an earth at the horn end.

If I had a guess for the fog, brown is earth, brown and blacks are positive and the slate yellow goes to the lights. I will send you the instructions let me know.

loggyboy - 24/2/12 at 08:09 AM

Fog will need to work with sides and dipped.

handyandy - 24/2/12 at 09:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Fog will need to work with sides and dipped.

Sorry, but that is incorrect.

The rear fog light must only illuminate when the dipped or main beam is on, its NOT allowed to work on side lights only.

Edit...although the side lights are on when dipped is on, but the rear fog cannot illuminate on side lights only.

cheers
andy

[Edited on 24/2/12 by handyandy]

loggyboy - 24/2/12 at 10:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by handyandy
Sorry, but that is incorrect.

The rear fog light must only illuminate when the dipped or main beam is on, its NOT allowed to work on side lights only.

Edit...although the side lights are on when dipped is on, but the rear fog cannot illuminate on side lights only.

cheers
andy

[Edited on 24/2/12 by handyandy]

Your right, I was thinking of front fogs!

However you can have rear fogs on with sides only IF you also have front fogs on. (god knows how youd wire that tho!! lol)

[Edited on 24/2/12 by loggyboy]

handyandy - 24/2/12 at 11:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Originally posted by handyandy
(god knows how youd wire that tho!! lol)

[Edited on 24/2/12 by loggyboy]

LoL , runs away screaming

I hate the electrickery stuff so wouldn,t have a clue ,
I have used a Premier loom but even had it fitted by an Auto Electrician , me & electrics will never see eye to eye

cheers
andy

AndyW - 24/2/12 at 11:55 AM

so the feed that goes to my fog switch must only become live on dipped. So i need to do a bit of fiddling as the feed becomes live upon switching on the side lights......

Why does a relitavley simple part of the build become a major problem and head ache when Ive just wired in the original ford ecu, pats and obd with relative ease>.........

Oh well back out to the garage tonight for some more head scratching.......