Board logo

GSXR1000 K5/6 Harness
minitici - 13/8/13 at 07:19 PM

I have been tracing the wiring of a GSXR1000 K5 harness for a single seater.
I have 90% of the wiring figured out but there a few loose black wires which are not connected.

This is a UK spec harness with the immobiliser type ECU & keyswitch.

As the wires are all black I presume that they have something to do with the immobiliser?

The wiring diagram shows something attached to these wires but is not identified.
Is this just a blind connector or is it some vital part?

I have traced each of the 5 black wires and they connect to various feeds and grounds 9they do not appear to be 'common' wires.

Here is the part circled on the diagram below - any ideas?
GSXR1000 K5/6 loom
GSXR1000 K5/6 loom

Hector.Brocklebank - 13/8/13 at 08:34 PM

Hi
Can you not work it out from the fan circuit? As the fan is going through a relay and one wire from the fan is spliced through Your mystery circuit, you should be able to work it out . Looks to me to be earth based though.

minitici - 14/8/13 at 07:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hector.Brocklebank
Hi
Can you not work it out from the fan circuit? As the fan is going through a relay and one wire from the fan is spliced through Your mystery circuit, you should be able to work it out . Looks to me to be earth based though.

No definitely not all earths.
I've traced the wires on the rest of the diagram and physically.

The separate Black wire on the left appears to be connected to a permanent live (fuse 3) (Red/Blue wire)

The next Black wire (Orange/Green) is connected to the ECU & the dealer mode connector.

The next Black wire (Orange/White) is a common connection (+12V) to various relays & coils

The next Black wire (Orange/Yellow) is connected to a switched +12V (Ign Fuse 4)

The final Black wire is connected to (Black/White) earth.

So what is the mysterious shaped block on the wiring diagram???

marc n - 14/8/13 at 08:02 AM

is it the proximity sensor that goes round the barrel that recognizes the key ?

minitici - 14/8/13 at 09:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marc n
is it the proximity sensor that goes round the barrel that recognizes the key ?

No that wiring is intact and goes to a connector on the keyswitch.

minitici - 14/8/13 at 12:24 PM

Think I may have found the answer on a GSXR forum.

There should have been a plug and a shorting plug attached to the 4 black leads.
This plug is for installing an alarm.

Only two of the leads need to be joined.

These leads are the O/W and the O/G.

So it looks like someone had fitted a non-standard alarm and cut off the original plug with the shorting plug.