Board logo

Adrian Flux or 2gether?
indykid - 3/6/21 at 09:06 AM

The Indy has been insured with Adrian Flux for the last 7 years and the price has ratcheted up every year from under £150 to £193.62 this year and they always tell me it's unavoidable and it's market forces and it's not negotiable etc etc etc. I rang around the first few years and couldn't beat the renewal and it's always been cheap enough compared to the tin tops so I've just let it slide but this year, I rang 2gether for a quote and they came back with £79.65 - 59% cheaper than the AF quote. I even double checked that I hadn't misheard the price.

Adrian Flux allege to beat any comparable quote so if they could, who would you insure with?

What are 2gether like for incremental price increases at renewal?
Any experience of making a kit car claim with either of them?

The only thing going for AF at this point is that the policy accrues no claims so I have 7 years no claims to bail out onto a tin top at some point should I need it, but it's unlikely I ever will and I'm old enough now that the no claims isn't the be all and end all it once was.

(AF policy is underwritten by KGM, 2gether policy is underwritten by Highway (LV))

40inches - 3/6/21 at 11:08 AM

I went from Adrian Flux to A Plan because of that, the premium has been the same for 3 years without any increase.

Slater - 3/6/21 at 12:27 PM

Another vote for A-Plan, I paid 139 last July. 137 in 2019 with 100 xs, inc legal cover, limited to 2500 miles per year

I actually made a claim last November and they were great, I did all the repairs myself and just claimed for the parts required. Inspector came and had a look and took photos etc. No issues at all.

It will be interesting to see if there will be a jump in the premium this year though!

ianhurley20 - 3/6/21 at 12:33 PM

A vote for Highway - I wrote my car off in Sept 2018 - Highway or LV were very efficient, sorted assessor in 2 days and full payment in about 7 days and very easy to deal with on the phone

David Jenkins - 3/6/21 at 12:44 PM

I've been with A-plan, for the Locost and the rest of our cars. There was a slight increase in the Locost's insurance this year, but only by a few Pounds.

All the policies ended up as LV.

indykid - 3/6/21 at 01:42 PM

Thanks for all your input.

I spoke to A-Plan this morning and they came in at £100 (£123.06 with £23.06 of the broker fee waived to end up at £100 on the nose which might not bode well for staying cheap) with £100 excess, underwritten by KGM so I suspect Adrian Flux are just milking me for the extra cash for the same policy.

Like Ian, Highway were very good with a claim I had for an MX5 some years ago so I'm somewhat drawn to 2gether on that front (aside from being the cheapest).

DanG - 3/6/21 at 03:04 PM

Another vote for A-Plan from me.

Always excellent to deal with

femster87 - 3/6/21 at 08:00 PM

With A-plan for 4 years. Had a tintop theft. They declined renewal

Dingz - 3/6/21 at 10:07 PM

Graham Sykes for me, must admit I've not claimed on them, but they also did a good deal on my house insurance too!

jelly head - 4/6/21 at 07:59 AM

I was with 2gether for quite a few years when i had my Bongo. Price and service was always spot on although i never had to make a claim. Not a fan of Flux, not cheap and a PITA for pestering at renewal time.

trextr7monkey - 4/6/21 at 07:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dingz
Graham Sykes for me, must admit I've not claimed on them, but they also did a good deal on my house insurance too!

That’s interesting I have used them for years fir a variety of kit cars - mostly Jagos but also v8 Tr7 and another Tr7 for several years now but renewal has gone up by a few quid and while it is no deal breaker I sent a reply to the bloke dealing with it pointing out that several mates have had slightly reduced premiums this year. He claimed not to have heard that and the computer said this was best policy ( Highway) I haven’t contacted anyone else to confirm this yet but closer inspection reveals that policy is much the same as last year and it is the Sykes fee that has gone up !!
Time to find another broker I guess

ReMan - 5/6/21 at 10:17 AM

Been with 2gether for years now.
No claim experience, but a keen price and agreed value

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX - 12/6/21 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by indykid

I spoke to A-Plan this morning and they came in at £100 (£123.06 with £23.06 of the broker fee waived to end up at £100 on the nose which might not bode well for staying cheap) with £100 excess, underwritten by KGM so I suspect Adrian Flux are just milking me for the extra cash for the same policy.

Like Ian, Highway were very good with a claim I had for an MX5 some years ago so I'm somewhat drawn to 2gether on that front (aside from being the cheapest).

Hi.
Brokers will have different schemes with the same insurer so it's probably unlikely that our product is the same as the one you were quoted with A-Plan.
I'm sorry that it would seem that we couldn't offer you a competitive quotation for this year.
Regards,
Dan.

indykid - 12/6/21 at 09:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
quote:
Originally posted by indykid

Hi.
Brokers will have different schemes with the same insurer so it's probably unlikely that our product is the same as the one you were quoted with A-Plan.
I'm sorry that it would seem that we couldn't offer you a competitive quotation for this year.
Regards,
Dan.

Funnily enough, in light of the 2gether quote, you managed to get down to a premium of £80. To save another phone call, I accepted the quote, but the fact that the policy could be discounted 60% for no reason beyond market competition makes the original quote WITH AN INCREASE from last year seem pretty disrespectful.

Funnily enough, the exact same practice is the reason SWMBO's car is no longer insured with Adrian Flux.

I know it's not your business model, Dan, but I think there's some good learning to take from this thread.

SJ - 14/6/21 at 03:15 PM

My price at 2Gether has been very consistent over the years - About £85 comp I think