Board logo

Schumacher makes a comeback for Mercedes
UncleFista - 23/12/09 at 01:35 AM

So say the BBC

speedyxjs - 23/12/09 at 07:03 AM

Bugger

I hope they suck

GMPMotorsport - 23/12/09 at 08:13 AM

Should make for a very intresting season espiecially with the new rules and no refuelling!

BenB - 23/12/09 at 08:20 AM

Excellent. Baron von Schumacher and Rosberg for Team Gerry with Button and Hamilton for team GB.

Let's make it three in a row

No doubt US F1 will turn up half way through the season and claim they made all the difference

marcjagman - 23/12/09 at 09:20 AM

He was good but I have to ask if he's still got it, he's what about 44 now, his reactions will have slowed a little especially as he's been out of the game for a couple of years.

Hammerhead - 23/12/09 at 09:26 AM

he's 41 in january. I think it will be good to see how he gets on against the young guns of f1. He wouldn't be doing it if Ross Brawn wasn't the main man. I reckon he has told schumi that the merc car will be quick.

smart51 - 23/12/09 at 09:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marcjagman
He was good but I have to ask if he's still got it, he's what about 44 now, his reactions will have slowed a little especially as he's been out of the game for a couple of years.

Given that he had far better reaction times than other formula 1 drivers, you're saying he's probably just good now?

russbost - 23/12/09 at 10:11 AM

He will be just as quick, Mansell won the Aussie GP at 41 having come out of retirement to drive for Williams & I think Schumi is a wee bit quicker than Mansell
With all the new rules & new teams this should make for the best season in modern F1 that we've ever had!

blakep82 - 23/12/09 at 01:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Excellent. Baron von Schumacher and Rosberg for Team Gerry with Button and Hamilton for team GB.

er, nah. i don't think mercedes will put as much effort into mclaren as into their own teams engines

cjtheman - 23/12/09 at 05:04 PM

it can only be good for the sport as it has gone down hill over the last couple of years
cheers
colin

speedyxjs - 23/12/09 at 05:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
quote:
Originally posted by BenB

er, nah. i don't think mercedes will put as much effort into mclaren as into their own teams engines

The engines cant be improved after a certain point in the season (if at all) so i dont think that will be such an issue.