Board logo

Where are all the buyers?
macc man - 3/7/11 at 10:18 AM

I have had my wifes MX5 Eunos up for sale for 3 weeks now and not one enquiry to view or anything. I was convinced it would go straight away. It has all the toys with it and good condition. Maybe the recession is biting harder than I thought.

MikeRJ - 3/7/11 at 11:10 AM

Nothing seems to be selling well at the moment, even (motor)bike sales are slow which is unusual for the time of year.

designer - 3/7/11 at 11:27 AM

Where's it advertised. My lass wants one.

chrisxr2 - 3/7/11 at 11:34 AM

I hear your pain, my leon cupra r is cheap as chips and not a sniff either.

expatkiwi - 3/7/11 at 11:44 AM

I have had the westy up for sale on PH and ebay. It didnt make reserve but I did a deal away from ebay at the max bid. I now have a gut feeling that will fall through. The annoying bit is that as soon as the car and related parts are sold and I have the cash I become one of those missing buyers ready to spend

Brian

coozer - 3/7/11 at 11:54 AM

Had my Shogun up on ebay, 10 watchers no bidders.. bloke knocks on the door, agree a price and guess what? Its still here!

Its got to go, anybody want to make me an offer?

macc man - 3/7/11 at 12:57 PM

If anyone wants to have a look at my ad it is on ebay. See Link1995 MAZDA EUNOS 1.8 STUNNING WHITE FULL CHROME KIT. on eBay (end time 09-Jul-11 20:30:56 BST)
I wll consider all offers including Px'S. Thanks.

Confused but excited. - 3/7/11 at 01:41 PM

A certain lady on here spoiled it, when she posted that she had bought an MX5 for £50.

clairetoo - 3/7/11 at 02:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
A certain lady on here spoiled it, when she posted that she had bought an MX5 for £50.

Sorry

fazerruss - 3/7/11 at 04:09 PM

At the end of the day you are asking nearly 2 grand for a 16 year old car. I paid not a lot more than that for a younger z3

Jon Ison - 3/7/11 at 04:23 PM

Listed our caravan on eBay last Sunday, it was sold out of eBay yesterday for over 1k more than we paid for it 3 years ago, when I ended listing it had over 220 watchers so ther are buyers out there, how does the asking price stack up ?

tomgregory2000 - 3/7/11 at 04:28 PM

if its not selling then is prob overpriced

Confused but excited. - 3/7/11 at 04:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.

Sorry

So you should be. Coming up here stealing our bargains.
English tourists!
That was a local car for local people, not for the likes of you.

Ninehigh - 3/7/11 at 07:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by macc man
If anyone wants to have a look at my ad it is on ebay. See Link1995 MAZDA EUNOS 1.8 STUNNING WHITE FULL CHROME KIT. on eBay (end time 09-Jul-11 20:30:56 BST)
I wll consider all offers including Px'S. Thanks.

Very nice indeed and if it is as good as it looks there well worth 2k imo. I'd be interested but:
Missus still thinks it's a hairdresser's car (despite my arguments)
I don't think you'll take (or she'll allow you to take) a slightly tatty 106 in px

Doctor Derek Doctors - 3/7/11 at 09:12 PM

All the buyers are waiting for sellers to start asking more realistic prices, things just aren't worth what they were 3 years ago in the boom times, there is more stuff for sale and far fewer buyers who are more careful.

This is even more prevelant with toys like MX5s, Motorbikes and Locosts.

macc man - 3/7/11 at 09:39 PM

I was offered £1700 at start of the year by a dealer so I dont think price is too far out. As said it seems that buyers are looking for massive discounts at the moment so I may have to drop price or wait for market to change. Thanks for the interest you guys.