Board logo

Anyone own a new M5 or M6?
Miks15 - 7/2/13 at 07:35 PM

Hey Guys,

Bit of a long shot maybe, but anyone got a new M5 or M6?

As part of my university project looking at horizontally mounted radiators, ive noticed that the new M5/M6 uses a horizontally mounted oil cooler, a very similar size to the rad and set up to the rad that i'm looking at.

Im trying to find some pictures and detail of how the air is drawn through the cooler as there seems to be no deflector on top of the cooler itself so there must be something sucking it through. Im interested in the method they are using to create the lower pressure underneath the cooler.

Anyone able to get some snaps of the underneath of and M5/M6 so i can see exactly whats going on?

Thanks,
Mikkel

franky - 7/2/13 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Miks15
Hey Guys,

Bit of a long shot maybe, but anyone got a new M5 or M6?

As part of my university project looking at horizontally mounted radiators, ive noticed that the new M5/M6 uses a horizontally mounted oil cooler, a very similar size to the rad and set up to the rad that i'm looking at.

Im trying to find some pictures and detail of how the air is drawn through the cooler as there seems to be no deflector on top of the cooler itself so there must be something sucking it through. Im interested in the method they are using to create the lower pressure underneath the cooler.

Anyone able to get some snaps of the underneath of and M5/M6 so i can see exactly whats going on?

Thanks,
Mikkel

Have a look at a honda sp1 for other ways of mounting radiators too.

jossey - 7/2/13 at 09:29 PM

you probably wont see anything from underneath. but I will have a look tomorrow. the lad im meeting tommorow has the M5

Miks15 - 8/2/13 at 12:08 PM

Thanks Jossey,

Id greatly appreciate anything you might be able to see regarding the oil cooler ducting.

Franky,

Ill take a look at the SP1, thanks.

MikeRJ - 8/2/13 at 05:06 PM

I've got an M5 and an M6, in stainless with cap heads