Board logo

ODB Reader Mondeo 54
mrwibble - 30/4/13 at 09:14 AM

Hi guys, long shot, but wondered if anyone had access to a diagnostic tool I can plug into a 54 plate mondeo thats recently displayed an engine management warning light. I'm based in Kidderminster DY10 but can travel.

Have a nice day

Ed

IanG1 - 30/4/13 at 12:48 PM

You can buy a ELM327 style one for around a tenner off ebay, I got a bluetooth one and can connect to a laptop or if you have a android smartphone the free torque app works well. Reads codes, live data and allows clearance to turn off light etc

Rich_p - 30/4/13 at 01:01 PM

As mentioned treat yourself to an ebay reader, either the type that link via a laptop like I have or one of the standalone readers.

I think mine was £16.

The first time you plug it in it's paid for itself as garages charge a rediculous amount to read codes.

britishtrident - 30/4/13 at 05:08 PM

Be aware the fake Elmscan 327 based interfaces off ebay have known problems connecting to older Fords, for a minium cost scanner for a Ford do an eBay search for Autel Scanner they start from about £17 inc P&P An Autel MS309 or the better speced MS509.

mrwibble - 30/4/13 at 07:00 PM

cheers guys. will look into it. weirdly the mrs reports e m light has gone off. came on after just done 67500 off after 67600. major service indicator? runs fine... see if it stays off i guess and get a reader in the mean time.