Board logo

interesting Audi
02GF74 - 30/6/13 at 09:21 PM

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=400801&page=1

nick205 - 30/6/13 at 09:57 PM

Love those kind of project diaries - just have to admire the time/effort/expense some people put into these things.

omega0684 - 30/6/13 at 09:59 PM

oh my days!!!!!!

Twin40 - 1/7/13 at 10:04 AM

i remember a similar build, lad did the S1 quattro project over in norway, it was an epic build. Infact it was so good that the supercar team Koenigsegg actually offered the guy a job!!!

Bluemoon - 1/7/13 at 10:09 AM

Humm not sure F1 bones are the way to go, not really designed for that application...

RK - 1/7/13 at 01:39 PM

That was my first thought too. They are rather linguini-like and certainly not designed for that kind of weight. The application does not require the svelte aerodynamic shape either. But the guy is certainly full of energy, and he looks like he is having fun. I see those kind of builds, and get tired right away.

smitht82 - 1/7/13 at 01:46 PM

Just read the entire thread and lost 45 minutes lol - what a build!

phelpsa - 1/7/13 at 03:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RK
That was my first thought too. They are rather linguini-like and certainly not designed for that kind of weight. The application does not require the svelte aerodynamic shape either. But the guy is certainly full of energy, and he looks like he is having fun. I see those kind of builds, and get tired right away.

If anything they will probably be over spec for the application. A few tonnes of aero load, 150mph curb strikes and crazy pushrod angles tend to load your wishbones up pretty well...