Board logo

stopping swarf and stuff getting in the house
bi22le - 28/3/14 at 10:06 PM

I dont have a garage but guess you guys have the same problems as me.
I have been walking swarf in the house and the wife is less than happy. I swept up and wiped my feet on the way in but its been making its way in from the driveway over a few days.

So, what steps do you guys make to prevent the house becoming an extension of the garage?!

rusty nuts - 28/3/14 at 10:12 PM

Magnet?

mark chandler - 28/3/14 at 10:16 PM

Boiler suit, take it off outside along with shoes before going in.

nick205 - 28/3/14 at 10:23 PM

I have an integral garage, accessed of the hallway, which causes similar issues. It also causes issues with noise (grinder) and smell (painting etc). I have a pair of garage shoes, which stay in the garage, and make a point of brushing myself down before coming back in. I have also been known to vacuum myself before re-entry

Ben_Copeland - 28/3/14 at 11:22 PM

Just be moaned at... Simples

matt_gsxr - 28/3/14 at 11:27 PM

Flowers?

steve m - 28/3/14 at 11:47 PM

"I have an integral garage, accessed of the hallway, which causes similar issues. It also causes issues with noise (grinder) and smell (painting etc). I have a pair of garage shoes, which stay in the garage, and make a point of brushing myself down before coming back in. I have also been known to vacuum myself before re-entry "

apart from the vacuum bit, yes, that's me !!!

steve

bi22le - 29/3/14 at 12:05 AM

I guess the additional problem that I have is that I make the mess on the driveway and therefore it's not just me that walks it in.

I do just get moaned at,she knew exactly what I am like before we moved in together!

Flowers helped last week when I was baking my crackle paint in the oven!!

See, I do try.

RedAvon - 29/3/14 at 08:18 AM

Try one of these, no good for ally swarf of course.

Regards
Ian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzCsXiOYXsM

ashg - 29/3/14 at 09:15 AM

when she moans just look at her and say "you best get the hover out then!"

02GF74 - 29/3/14 at 09:20 AM

blame it on the cat/dog/rabbit * delete as appropriate

Slimy38 - 29/3/14 at 09:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
blame it on the cat/dog/rabbit * delete as appropriate

This is actually where most of our troubles come from. We have a cat flap operated by magnets on the cats collar, you can guess what happens when something that close to the floor moves across swarf. They then lie down on the floor or furniture, and the metal gets rubbed off.

I just make sure I sweep up as much as possible, and get the rubbish into a flip top bin.

graememk - 29/3/14 at 12:33 PM

wait until you stand in wet "PU" on the garage floor then walk that into the front room carpet.

we now have a new carpet

coozer - 29/3/14 at 12:47 PM

Just go 'whatever'

CNHSS1 - 29/3/14 at 01:22 PM

Just tell your wife, that neither of your mistresses mind, so you think she's being unreasonable...

then leggit pronto lol