Board logo

Manchester classic car show ooops
woodster - 23/9/14 at 09:36 PM

Went to the classic car show at the Trafford centre saturday and sadly saw this happen although I did think he was getting closer to edge each lap .... The guy on the mike was lucky he didn't get punched with some of the things he said to the driver when he was moving what was left of the car

http://youtu.be/PFgGbAkp5rU

[Edited on 23/9/14 by woodster]

mark chandler - 24/9/14 at 11:38 AM

Those blocks of concrete do not look very forgiving, a bit more circumspect next time.

D Beddows - 24/9/14 at 11:40 AM

A shame that - I REALLY love those GTM's, and I WILL have one one day - I've been very close a couple of times after a couple of glasses of wine on a Friday night with Ebay open :innocentsmilie:

ken555 - 24/9/14 at 12:02 PM

One's not enough.

woodster - 24/9/14 at 12:11 PM

definitely my favorite car of the day and it did go well, it looked a lot of fun but a bloody handful,.................. one of the first car mags i ever bought was car and car conversions back in the 70s ..... for the younger forum members there wasn't an internet, i know thats hard to believe, the only information on what people were doing in the privacy of there garages was in mags

bi22le - 24/9/14 at 02:56 PM

Dont talk lies, the internet has been around since the 90's. Thats like decades ago.

nobody is THAT old surely!!

D Beddows - 24/9/14 at 03:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ken555
One's not enough.

If I could 'like' that I would..... 2

woodster - 24/9/14 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Dont talk lies, the internet has been around since the 90's. Thats like decades ago.

nobody is THAT old surely!!

Hahaha ...... I'm that old I can remember when kids played out lol

ken555 - 24/9/14 at 05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows

If I could 'like' that I would..... 2

Traditional 1380cc A+ engine/DCOE 45 setup on one.

Honda twin cam in the 2nd.

If the CCC one looks a handful, try it with 150bhp engine in the rear!

rusty nuts - 24/9/14 at 06:45 PM

I have a couple , one is a real basket case , needs a total rebuild but could be for sale. the other is usable , it has an MG Metro lump but isn't as quick as my old Mini pickup but getting there. I remember the old CCC article, I have a copy of it , must have been one of the very first car mags I ever brought

dhutch - 24/9/14 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
Those blocks of concrete do not look very forgiving...

Not at all, in reality while I dont know the history of the show or display, a solid wall of them would be much more forgiving, as I expect would the plastic water filled ones.

Daniel