Board logo

I clocked myself doing 192 mph on an A road !
Fatgadget - 7/11/15 at 09:48 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34744459

....Well,my daughter was egging me on...

CosKev3 - 7/11/15 at 09:51 AM

Well done,enjoy your holiday

steve m - 7/11/15 at 09:58 AM

I read it a couple of days ago, what a cock, and hes daughter egging him on ?
he got banned for 10 years as well, shame it wasn't for life, for endangering his and daughters lives
and every one else he passed while doing 3.2 miles a minute

but filming it as well,

Irony - 7/11/15 at 10:06 AM

That's nothin! I wired my speedo wrong and managed to do over 800mph! According to the clock i did 14 miles in a minute. All without leaving the garage!

jeffw - 7/11/15 at 10:14 AM

The guy is a convicted drug dealer as well..

rm0rgan - 7/11/15 at 10:27 AM

The 10 year ban was actually for his poor taste in music and listening the UB40

Fatgadget - 7/11/15 at 11:06 AM

A bit harsh though the daughter also getting done for egging daddy on?..Bloody hell, would you listen to someone let alone your daughter telling you to stick your head into a pile of poo?

sdh2903 - 7/11/15 at 11:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fatgadget
A bit harsh though the daughter also getting done for egging daddy on?..Bloody hell, would you listen to someone let alone your daughter telling you to stick your head into a pile of poo?

Shes 23! She should know better. If you egg someone on to murder someone you are an accessory. Same difference.

Good on the court for having the balls to hand out some tough punishments for a change.

Slimy38 - 7/11/15 at 11:25 AM

Not sure what's worse, doing the deed or being stupid enough to film it. Or even stupid enough to be using a phone to film it!

jeffw - 7/11/15 at 12:03 PM

http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/news/top-stories/brazen-dealer-caught-at-last-1-765440#axzz3qo417JrF

Here is where the money came from ...

Fatgadget - 7/11/15 at 12:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/news/top-stories/brazen-dealer-caught-at-last-1-765440#axzz3qo417JrF

Here is where the money came from ...

Cor blimey!
I must be in the wrong buisiness of making serious money then!

And he got away with it for how long?

On a serious note,I still think the daughter was hard done for.
We all say stupid things when adrenalin is rushing more so when young...It wasn't her pushing the pedal to the metal.

johnemms - 7/11/15 at 02:06 PM

How many on this site have never 'ever' driven a car or bike hard on a British road?

Lets face it ..

He got caught..
Bring out the haters...

sdh2903 - 7/11/15 at 02:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johnemms
How many on this site have never 'ever' driven a car or bike hard on a British road?

Lets face it ..

He got caught..
Bring out the haters...

Yeah but 192mph? Would you have the same attitude if he'd just ran over your son/daughter whilst doing it?

jeffw - 7/11/15 at 02:37 PM

But he didn't....he is being sent away for what might have happened not for what actually did happen.

Fatgadget - 7/11/15 at 02:47 PM

quote:

Lets face it ..

He got caught..
Bring out the haters...

All hands thumbs and fingers up!.......But seriously.......192 mph on an a road?

Ivan - 7/11/15 at 05:10 PM

Whats the point of any sentence for this type of person - the prison sentence he already sat for drug dealing hasn't deterred him from breaking the law and where has he got the money after prison for a 200 mph car?

Taking his license is highly unlikely to stop him from driving.

The only thing that will work is another ten years in jail. (Well it will work for 10 years anyway)

Hopefully he will end up killing himself on the road without killing anyone else.

JacksAvon - 7/11/15 at 05:13 PM

Albeit bone to do that speed on a road......................I am always stunned by the amopunt of non speeding saints on this site.

As for the music, no self respecting child would enter any structure with a parent playing UB40.
She should be ashamed

johnemms - 7/11/15 at 06:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JacksAvon
Albeit bone to do that speed on a road......................I am always stunned by the amopunt of non speeding saints on this site.

As for the music, no self respecting child would enter any structure with a parent playing UB40.
She should be ashamed

Heres another bad boy.... Video 200mph

02GF74 - 7/11/15 at 06:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
quote:

Lets face it ..

He got caught..
Bring out the haters...

Yeah but 192mph? Would you have the same attitude if he'd just ran over your son/daughter whilst doing it?

.... except that he didnt run over anyone.

Drivers have killed cyclsts and pedestrians and got shorter or no sentences.

Was the 2+ years just for speeding or other offencez?

ianhurley20 - 7/11/15 at 06:22 PM

192mph

Paper hat!

MikeRJ - 7/11/15 at 08:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
quote:
Originally posted by Fatgadget

Shes 23! She should know better. If you egg someone on to murder someone you are an accessory. Same difference.

Good on the court for having the balls to hand out some tough punishments for a change.

Reading between the lines it seems like the soundtrack of a video suggests she was driving at ~190mph at one point but it couldn't be proved as she's not shown in the actual footage. I suspect the Police simply found an alternative charge to use.

[Edited on 7/11/15 by MikeRJ]

JoelP - 7/11/15 at 10:47 PM

The guy is clearly a weapons grade bell end. His attitude as much as the speed. I'm just hoping they go to town with an asset confiscation order.

Ivan - 8/11/15 at 07:35 AM

quote:

Nope - I think that most of us speed at some time or other - but there is a huge difference between 10% or 20% faster than the speed limit and 100%. At that speed differential most people wouldn't even see him in their mirrors before they started a lane change and he hit them.

Braking and closing distances at that speed on a public road where other drivers are not expecting it are just suicidal.

It is only safe where other drivers are expecting it and practice the lane discipline to take it into account - for instance on the unrestricted autobahns.

[Edited on 8/11/15 by Ivan]

adithorp - 8/11/15 at 09:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ivan
quote:

Nope - I think that most of us speed at some time or other - but there is a huge difference between 10% or 20% faster than the speed limit and 100%. At that speed differential most people wouldn't even see him in their mirrors before they started a lane change and he hit them.

Braking and closing distances at that speed on a public road where other drivers are not expecting it are just suicidal.

It is only safe where other drivers are expecting it and practice the lane discipline to take it into account - for instance on the unrestricted autobahns.

Got to agree with that, except this wasn't 100% over the limit... It was 175% over!

He's covering 100yards / second. How many seconds does a lane change take from looking in your mirror to completing the move?

JacksAvon - 8/11/15 at 10:17 AM

Ok, so he has been a bit naughty.....................

.....but nobody appears to be willing to address the issue of him playing UB40.
Worse still, has a licence been applied for so this dirge can be broadcast publicly.

gaz_gaz - 8/11/15 at 10:45 AM

I was caught on the M1 just passing Junction 20 in 2003 at 142mph. 3am. 20 years old. STI type R Impreza. (Just to tempting)

Appeared in court on a dangerous driving charge and accepted a plea bargain to drop it to careless.

Resulted in an 8 week ban and a Ģ700 fine.
Wonder what the punishment would be in 2016? There appears to be a real strict approach to high speeding these days.

JacksAvon - 8/11/15 at 10:55 AM

I think the approach would be to screw as much money as possible out of any driver with a pulse.

jeffw - 8/11/15 at 02:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
I'm just hoping they go to town with an asset confiscation order.

Asset confiscation for speeding??? Seriously?

Angel Acevedo - 9/11/15 at 05:31 AM

quote:

Lets face it ..

He got caught..
Bring out the haters...

At least ONE...
ME!!

I had an Irish boss, here in Mexico that told me: You are not punished for breaking the rules, but for being caught....

Thatīs why I donīt let myself get caught...
So far...

Angel Acevedo - 9/11/15 at 05:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ivan
quote:

...At that speed differential most people wouldn't even see him in their mirrors before they started a lane change and he hit them.

Here in Mexico doing 150 to 160 KPH would get you in trouble just because most people would never expect to see you there...
Let alone 320 KPH (200 MPH)...
Been there done that...

ETA: 150 KPH

[Edited on 11/9/2015 by Angel Acevedo]

JoelP - 9/11/15 at 07:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
I'm just hoping they go to town with an asset confiscation order.

Asset confiscation for speeding??? Seriously?

For the drug dealing. If he has no lawful income, why is he driving a gtr?

owelly - 9/11/15 at 10:13 AM

Maths has never been my strong point but.....
He got jailed for 11 years in 2007, yet he was caught speeding in 2012......

gaz_gaz - 9/11/15 at 11:37 AM

He's most likely done half his sentence, And I'd imagine he was held on remand before his conviction.

dhutch - 9/11/15 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Maths has never been my strong point but.....
He got jailed for 11 years in 2007, yet he was caught speeding in 2012......

Mad isnt it.

Its very important not to lock up people for the wrong reason, and to reward those who appear to have turned there life around appropriately, which may even extend to early release in certain circumstances.

However, funding a multi million pound lifestyle with brazen drug dealing, and then getting out after five years? And then likely only getting a year and a half for doing nearly two ton down an a-road?

Daniel

[Edited on 9/11/2015 by dhutch]

SteveWalker - 9/11/15 at 03:55 PM

There should be no early release. Sentences should be whatever is given in court. Those who then do not turn their life around and instead continue to cause trouble while in prison should then have their sentences extended.

dhutch - 9/11/15 at 04:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
There should be no early release. Sentences should be whatever is given in court. Those who then do not turn their life around and instead continue to cause trouble while in prison should then have their sentences extended.
We that is certainly the other way of doing it.

Daniel

rusty nuts - 9/11/15 at 04:44 PM

Drug dealers are the scum of the earth IMHO How many lives has he ruined ? If capital punishment was brought back maybe drug dealers could be included . And before anyone gets on their high horse I do have a close member of my family who is a heroin addict so I do know how it ruins lives . As for his speeding that was totally iresposable .

DIY Si - 12/11/15 at 12:00 AM

I'd love to know which bit of the A45 he managed to do 200 MPH on, as I doubt it's any where near straight enough! If it was the M1, then that's believable.

As has been said, I'm sure most here, if not all, have been naughty. I would struggle to suggest ANY journey in which I haven't' broken a road law/speeding limit, but there is a difference between doing 100MPH and 200MPH, if only for the reason that no one will have seen him coming at that speed. Think how fast come cars appear on motorways as it is, and they're probably doing less than 120.....

jollygreengiant - 12/11/15 at 09:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
I'd love to know which bit of the A45 he managed to do 200 MPH on, as I doubt it's any where near straight enough! If it was the M1, then that's believable.

As has been said, I'm sure most here, if not all, have been naughty. I would struggle to suggest ANY journey in which I haven't' broken a road law/speeding limit, but there is a difference between doing 100MPH and 200MPH, if only for the reason that no one will have seen him coming at that speed. Think how fast come cars appear on motorways as it is, and they're probably doing less than 120.....

Probably between M1(J15)/ Northampton and Wellingborough. It's about the longest stretch without any roundabouts. Serviced my 2.0i Ghia Granada once and on the journey home I noticed a Plod at the head of a line of cars about a mile ahead along there, the trouble was I noticed I was close to double the limit (125), so I eased off and fed into the line of traffic. If I saw him he would have seen me. Still not as quick as my Mk1 Cortina back in the early 80's tho. 8000rpm in top gear giving 18mph/1000rpm.
These days, there is just too much traffic on the road, even at silly o'clock in the morning, to be doing anything else but the speed limit. Let alone the plethora of cameras.

Oddified - 12/11/15 at 09:34 AM

Most people speed a little quite often, some break the speed limit by quite a margin from time to time and then there's a few that will break the speed limit by a lot occasionally. Safe/unsafe is all subjective depending on conditions, where and when but the one common thing is get caught then take it on the chin.

One thing most people would agree with though is, how on earth can a fix speed limit be correct in all conditions any way. On a rush hour motorway 70mph in rain is plenty, but is 70mph still the 'safe' limit on a quiet dry and warm day, i think not but you'll still get fined just as easily, maybe even easier because that's when dibble is out with their speed camera vans!.

Ian

David Jenkins - 12/11/15 at 11:24 AM

They have a reasonable approach in France: dual speed limits. A road that may be 100kph in the dry becomes 90kph, or even 80kph, in the wet. How do you know if it's wet conditions? I was told that the approach is "if it's raining enough to require the windscreen wipers, then the lower speed limit applies".

Sounds woolly, but in my limited experience the French drivers seemed to obey this rule (with exceptions, of course!).

As for the speeding driver, my thoughts were "I wonder if his tyres are speed-rated for 190mph? I wonder if they were in good condition and properly inflated? I wonder if his brakes were suitable for that speed?" In other words, all the things you'd pay attention to if you were planning to do 190mph on a race track. I can guess the answers...

jollygreengiant - 12/11/15 at 01:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
As for the speeding driver, my thoughts were "I wonder if his tyres are speed-rated for 190mph? I wonder if they were in good condition and properly inflated? I wonder if his brakes were suitable for that speed?" In other words, all the things you'd pay attention to if you were planning to do 190mph on a race track. I can guess the answers...

I have the same feelings about THAT copper who got away with his 154mph in court because he was doing "a test drive".Ok then, where was the pre test health and safety audit for an "untested car with a PLANNED test".

morcus - 12/11/15 at 05:50 PM

Not trying to defend the guy but I was told you had to have tyres rated to the recorded top speed on the car, but that might have been a con to sell my tyres rated to 150 mph on my Vectra (The fastest I ever went in the car was about 65). Even if that's true though there's a good chance he's not checked any of that or set the tyre pressures for the speed (That Vectra listed a few and to go above 120mph you were meant to set them so hard that you felt every crack in the road, obviously I had them at a lower pressure).

I'd like to see a two speed limit system, the number of times I've had to stop on the M4 because the weather has been two bad to drive safely at 50 and I dare not drive slower as I don't want to be hit by a lorry (I've been on the M4 in rain that limited visibility to literally 10 metres or less more than once in more than one car). My driving instructor was always saying in an ideal world we wouldn't need speed limits as you should always drive to the conditions but most people are just incapable of that, hence people doing 80 in severe rain (Or 60 on tight B roads).

I still don't understand why people make records of their crimes. If I was going to break the law I wouldn't make any sort of audit trail to prove it, if anything I'd try and make some other evidence to suggest I didn't.

David Jenkins - 12/11/15 at 07:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by morcus
I'd like to see a two speed limit system, the number of times I've had to stop on the M4 because the weather has been two bad to drive safely at 50 and I dare not drive slower as I don't want to be hit by a lorry (I've been on the M4 in rain that limited visibility to literally 10 metres or less more than once in more than one car). My driving instructor was always saying in an ideal world we wouldn't need speed limits as you should always drive to the conditions but most people are just incapable of that, hence people doing 80 in severe rain (Or 60 on tight B roads).

I have the memory of a journey along the A14 in Suffolk, during a standard East Anglian autumn fog - I had visibility of around 50 yards, maybe a little bit more, so I was doing about 40 - 50 (nearer 40 most of the time) and I wasn't comfortable doing that. All through one part of the journey I was passed by big Volvos, BMWs and Mercedes doing 70+mph - either they had some magical navigation system, or they thought they were immortal. Or maybe they were just stupid...