Board logo

Caravan trailer conversion - who was it???
wombat - 21/4/16 at 06:38 PM

Hi all,

Some time ago someone posted some great pics of their Alko Chassis conversion which I thought I had saved.....

Anyone remember?

Seem to think it may have been a member with a name like "yellow cab" or similar..... may be wrong..

Cheers

Andy D - 21/4/16 at 06:59 PM

I think it may be buried in here somewhere:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=167149

Ben_Copeland - 21/4/16 at 07:20 PM

I'm doing the same conversion so drop me a line if you need any other pictures.

sdh2903 - 21/4/16 at 08:52 PM

I built one. Pics here:

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=gal&user= sdh2903&folder=Trailer

wombat - 22/4/16 at 03:39 PM

Thx for the replies, yes just what i was looking for and now saved in favourites.

So whats the deal with IVA on trailers then??.............Really!

Im a country boy and in laws are farmers so no rants about feeding the world please.........but you should see some of the equipment on the roads around here, barely fit for the road let alone tested.
And if you could see some of the stuff being towed towards the local Sunday market !!!

Anyway, is there really an issue with a plated caravan chassis?
Is it a case of if it looks in good nick and well cared for then not going to get pulled anyway?

sdh2903 - 22/4/16 at 04:02 PM

Well the way I looked at it I was modifying an existing trailer so I didn't iva it. I had a plate on my hitch stating max gross of 1000kgs so ideal for towing the kit and kept me under the 3500 limit for my license.

owelly - 22/4/16 at 05:13 PM

My trailers were all built before October 2012. They have just been modified a bit..... ;-)

907 - 22/4/16 at 05:20 PM

"Im a country boy and in laws are farmers so no"

laws apply.

No need for brakes, lights, indicators, or any of that garbage and any amount of sharp bits can poke out the side.

Number plate can written on with chalk, but needn't be the same one as the tow vehicle.

wombat - 22/4/16 at 07:54 PM

907 yup that's what I'm saying 😂😂😂